6 year old Chewing Tabacco

I am so fuming pissed right now, My b/f let some kids down the street in my house who I will not let my son play with my son in only 5 and these kids are 6 but there trouble BIG TIME. When I came home I asked them to leave and made up some excuse. I just put my son to bed and in his room I found a cup with Chewed up gum and chewing tabacco!!! AT 6 YEARS OLD THESE KIDS HAVE THIS!! :eek::eek::eek:

( I know if my son would have tried this he would have puked and I would have heard him.... I think, never dipped before :o )

my b/f told me to calm down becaue I am about to march my arse down the street and talk to there parents, he said wait untill I am not pissed and talk to them tomarrow if I still decide to, He doesn't think I should because he doesn't think the parents are good parents and wont care.

What would you do in this situation? I would be extreamly upset if my son ever did something like this and a parent wouldn't tell me.

6 years old I just can't believe it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Damn!

My Kids are 7 and 4 and I would freak the f'ck out if they were using tabacco!

Honestly maybe better to wait until you're not so pissed off to talk to the other Kids parents.. BUT If this were me I would say something to them along the lines of "I was shocked to see tabacco in my Son's room, we don't allow him to use this and I don't want this around him"

OMG, Heather, I'm speachless! You have to talk to those people. Make the innocent, jus say that you've found a few kids from the neigbourhood on your house and then found the chewing tabacoo.

Tell them you have no idea who did it (as in which one of them, kids), but at least suggest that if they (the parents) DO use it, to put it off their kids reach, because now they may be tempted by it :rolleyes:. It's the fair thing to do. Not like they'd magically turn into good parents, but hopefully, they'll put the tabaccoo safer. You certainly cannot change someone over a talk, but it's your duty, to your child and to that poor baby, to talk to those losers of parents. Just do it. You'll feel better in the morning!

your b/f doesn't want you to tell the other parents because he knows that they will most-likely say "why wasn't the adult in the house watching these 5 and 6-year-olds and stop them from using the chew...?"

he shouldn't have let the children you don't like into your house to play with your son, and then leave them unattended.

i think something needs to be said to both your boyfriend and the other parents.

then never let them near your kid again, and make it clear to any adult in contact with your child that these boys are not to be in his company.

• Author
Originally posted by SexKitten

your b/f doesn't want you to tell the other parents because he knows that they will most-likely say "why wasn't the adult in the house watching these 5 and 6-year-olds and stop them from using the chew...?"

he shouldn't have let the children you don't like into your house to play with your son, and then leave them unattended.

Your Absolutley Right, and I am still flipping out on him. He's sleeping on the coutch tonight. I think I am more pissed at him and the fact that it even happend in my house than anything else.

Originally posted by Stone

Your Absolutley Right, and I am still flipping out on him. He's sleeping on the coutch tonight. I think I am more pissed at him and the fact that it even happend in my house than anything else.

good for your, put your foot down!

your poor kid...have you talked to him about it? you said you didn't think he tried it, and i am sure you would probably know, but have you asked him about these bad kids and what they were doing in his room? children can get so uncomfortable when something like this happens. it's like they feel guilty for other people's behaviour, and they get so scared to bring it up or ask questions so they keep quiet and just let it build up. :(

kids start so young with all this crap, it's unreal. it's very scary.

your post reminded me of being over at a friends family gathering when I was a kid.

and seeing his 3 year old cousin being given dip from his parents.

I couldnt have been any older than 7 or 8 maby 9, its been so long.

But even then i was freaked out, by it. And everyone their was casual about it, even offering me a dip. I passed .

But their are some messed up parents out there, and this was like 20 or so years ago, just imagine now, where everything has become permissable.

• Author

Out of the 2 parents of the kids I went and talked to the one I am friendly with, she was actually really nice and invited me in the house, asked about my pregnancy ect. After I explained what happened she said she is going to talk to her son and get his side of the story and will get back to me but she also stated that the other child 6 year old has been busted stealing ciggaretts from her house and threw a rock thru another neighbors window. She said it is most likely the Other kid but she will talk to her's when He gets home from school and get his story. So we will see but I am glad I waited I was sooooo PISSED last night

Stone- it sounds to me like you have everything under control, I would be pissed too! I would be more CONCERNED with the children but PISSED at the bf for not monitering the kids.