Potty Training STILL @ 7 yrs OLD....HELP!

aires_girl4380

aires_girl4380

I have a 7 year old daughter that still has several accidents (peeing in her pants)

daily. I have taken her to the doctor several times & they have ran test after test,

even ultra sounds & NOTHING seems to be wrong!

I have tried punishing her as well as rewarding her....NOTHING WORKS

Seems like- well it is pure laziness!!!

ANY ADVICE?!??!?!

LucreziaBorgia

Find another doctor, get a second opionion and ask if your daughter can be referred to a child psychologist for some one-on-one counseling. If physical problems have been ruled out by one doctor, then a second opinion wouldn't hurt and surely some private (without you present) sessions might shed some light on something psychological that is going on. Kids who pee their pants like that aren't doing it for spite or out of laziness. Something is going on, though that's for sure.

My daughter started having puzzling accidents at 7, too - wetting the bed, peeing her pants, behavior problems... turned out that a few months previous a kid in her class had sexually molested her by grabbing and 'massaging' her crotch through her pants and threatened her if she told anyone. Luckily, he was caught doing it to someone else and was expelled. Hopefully off to a place to get help for himself.

• Author
aires_girl4380

Thanks, I have taken to 3 doctors.

But will try your advice as far as a child physiologist.

She has never been fully potty trained?!?!? She does go through time w/out any accidents

a week or 2 when a new reward is presented. Then she gets bored with it & its like she just forgets.

Another odd thing about it is she doesnt tell anyone when she has an accident.

She will just walk around wet until I notice.

It has to hurt & whewww smells- so I dont get it. I would think she would get embarrassed.

she is a very smart girl. Working either at grade level and in some cases above average, so this is really just

mind boggling!