Is this a bad father?

My father was sponsoring me financially while I studied abroad but it was on paper only, I actually have a job abroad and support myself. However he recently got remarried and said he will no longer sponsor me. I am one semester away from graduating. I have someone else in mind to ask but I don't know how. Any advice on how I should phrase it when I ask them?

Dont know. Why do you need someone sponsor you on paper?

What will happen if nobody do?

How old are you?

If there is no real consequences i dont see why you need someone to do that.

SInce you also earning your own money.

And either-way even thou its only on paper. Its not something small!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

What would you think of a father that was supporting you through school then when you only had one semester to go before you got your degree told you he wasn't going to do it anymore because his new wife didn't like it and that he no longer will be a father to you?

The last time you posted this question, we needed more info and you didn't reply. Can't help without having background info

Your previous post was about the father who has a new girlfriend and has backed out of supporting you for your last semester. Sounds the same to me

In my country it's fairly rare for a parent to pay for and support a child through university, most people get a student loan and a job and pay for themselves.....so no it doesn't sound like a "bad father" to me, to ask you to pay for one semester of your own education.

There must be more to the story for him to suddenly say he'll "no longer be a father to you." You must have done or said something pretty bad or disrespectful for him to come out with that.

If the way you act towards your dad is anything like the way you responded to basil, then I can see why things turned out the way they did.

And yes, we do need more info.

• Like 1
What would you think of a father that was supporting you through school

First I would wonder why you couldn't support yourself through school....

then [he] told you he wasn't going to do it anymore because his new wife didn't like it

I would think he is being controlled by his new wife and would express concern.

and that he no longer will be a father to you?

Did he actually SAY he won't be a father to you or are you asserting that idea because the purse-strings have been closed that he is no longer a father to you?