"My son is gonna be a heartbreaker"

Anyone kindoff weirded out when you hear women say this? It's mostly young mothers on social media, Or women saying that about other women's sons. "Your son is so cute, he's gonna be a player". My mom said women would say similar or identical things to her about my brother. Funny enough That's exactly what happened ;)

In the past year, stepson sprouted and suddenly became taller than me. He is 14 going on 18 and we are in a world of worry about the "player" he is becoming - or wants to become.

And, yes, several people have commented what a handsome man he is going to be.

Last year he was 13 and manageable. God, I miss those days...

I remember one of my mother's friends saying my brothers and I were going to be womanizers. None of us had an idea what a womanizer was.

That's a strange thing to say about a little boy and I think we should be careful about the messages we send to children. Or allow them to overhear.

ChickiePops

Nah, I think they mean it as a compliment. Though there is a bit of a double standard..if someone said this to the parents of a little girl then it could be construed as that person saying the daughter is going to be a sl*t.

I don't equate "he's going to be a heartbreaker" about a little boy to be predicting he will be a womanizer or a player. I think it means he's going to be a gorgeous young man and lots of young women will be interested.

On the flip side is people looking at your baby daughter and saying, "Got a shotgun ready, dad?" :eek:

• Like 3
I don't equate "he's going to be a heartbreaker" about a little boy to be predicting he will be a womanizer or a player. I think it means he's going to be a gorgeous young man and lots of young women will be interested.

On the flip side is people looking at your baby daughter and saying, "Got a shotgun ready, dad?" :eek:

I hate it when people tell me about my daughter ''oh, you're going to have to fight boys off with a stick when she grows up''.

I mean, realistically speaking I know that they mean no harm and that's their way of saying she's a pretty girl. Same goes for the ''boy is going to be a heartbreaker''. However, I do think it plays into a certain social construct of complimenting boys on being little players and having many girlfriends while on the other hand, protecting your daughter's ''purity''.