Sweet 16 Party?

2KindKay

Hi all, I have a question, My daughter is turning "sweet 16" in may, she would like to have a big party, I guess her friends parents rented banquet halls and are having theirs catered, However i'm on a fixed budget and can't go to that extent. However I would like to give her a nice party, but am clue less as to what I'm suppose to be planning, I already figured I would need to hire a DJ, but what am I suppose to plan on them doing besides dancing? Do I get food and if so what? I have done birthday parties before, but not like this. I would just like to make this day special for her.

So if you've planned a sweet 16 or already had one and can give me some ideas it would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton,

Kay

I think it's so cool that you want to do this for your daughter :)

I'm a single Mom of 2 little people.. thankfully I still have a long way to go before the 16th birthday LOL but yeah.. as a single Mom I can relate to things being tight at times..

I forgot to look if you had stated where you live? However if you live somewhere that will be warm in May.. maybe a possibility could be an outdoors party like a Hawaaii theme?

The DJ is a good idea, as far as other things for them to do.. be careful, because she is going to be 16.. yeah LOL I remember thinking I was all grown up at that age!

Anyway.. outside there seems to be more to do.. limbo, volleyball.. things like that.. As far as food, I would do a BBQ..

2 People you may want to ask for some other ideas... Tiki, she just went to Hawaaii for her honeymoon and if the idea for that theme appeals to you she may have some good ideas to help you out.. and although Dyermaker isn't on this forum a lot anymore, he is a 16 year old male and pretty sophisticated.. he may also have some good ideas as to what would be "cool" for your 16 year old daughter.

Good Luck! I hope it goes well;)

Oh.. just saw you're in NY.. hmm.. could still work the outside deal?

• Author

Hi Merin, thank you so much for the advice, I will run the Hawaii theme by my daughter.

By any chance has anyone heard of a candle ceremony at a sweet 16 party, I heard about it in a round about way, but didn't get the details of how that should work. Anyone who has heard of this or has done it, could you please let me know...

Thanks a ton :)