Potty Training

My daughter will be 2 in 2 days & she shows signs of being ready to potty train. She knows where her potty chair is & is starting to tell me she has a dirty diaper & sometimes asks to go to the potty. Most of the time we're not home but she still asks, BUT I have NO CLUE where to start except by buying her pull ups. Any suggestions that would make it easier.

Check out Dr. Phil's advice. He probably has it on his site. He has a one-day potty training routine that apparently works - as long as your little kiddle is at the point where she's got control.

My Daughter was almost 2 when I potty trained her. I tried the pull-ups, but

they seemed alot like diapers so she went in her pants anyways. But once

I bought her real panties (they had Barney on them) she started going to the

potty.

After that she had a couple of accidents, but not every time like with the pull-ups.

it's great that she's already recognizing when she needs to go! one of the other keys - can she put on and take off her pants yet? if she can, then she's good to go. if not, you may want to start off a bit slower....go ahead and introduce the pull-ups, but dont force the issue.

asking her if she needs to go is great advice. the other thing you can do is start making notes (mental or i actually keep a log) of when she's eaten/drunk, and how long it is before her diapers wet. if you do this for a few days, you'll find that she's usually going within in a certain amount of time. the time is different for every child. once you have that info, introduce her to the potty a few minutes prior to that.

remember at this stage, she's telling you when it's happening....not BEFORE it happens. :)