Going to travel at the time of pregnancy

Next month I am going to Germany with my husband. I am 22 weeks pregnant. I think in this situation insurance is must. What would be best for me travel insurance or health insurance? I am not sure does German government provide health insurance for traveler? I am not sure what I have to do? Please someone help me.

Travel insurance has a lot of preexisting exclusions. Find out the details of travel insurance and your own health insurance.

• Author

Thanks for your help. I also got some information about health insurance in Germany. One of my German Facebook friend recommended me to visit COVOMO.COM . I got some information from this site. It is saying that i can get health insurance under one condition, I have to provide my European Healthcare Insurance card. So as a citizen of EU, I think i will get health insurance easily.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Thanks for your help. I also got some information about health insurance in Germany. One of my German Facebook friend recommended me to visit COVOMO.COM . I got some information from this site. It is saying that i can get health insurance under one condition, I have to provide my European Healthcare Insurance card. So as a citizen of EU, I think i will get health insurance easily.

That is why I was asking if you were an EU citizen - just watch out though as those cards do have an expiry date. However it may also be worth your while checking out travel insurance. With you being pregnant, there may be exclusions but you are more at risk (for want of a better word) for needing help.