Any moms out there compete with daddy?

Any moms out there have trouble with the dad being the nice guy/buddy and you being the disiplinarian?

I'm a new mom (daughter 1 1/2) and it seems as if I have to do most of the disiplining, and my husband lets our daughter get away with most everything. It is to the point that when she gets mad she will pull my hair and hit me. I know its her getting into the "terrible twos" but we are also trying to get her off the bottle and my husband usually gives into her too early.

Now shes at the stage where she wants daddy all the time. i feel like chop liver when he is around. I know it's a stage, but I'm new at this too.

I had a talk with my husband and told him he's basically undoing things I am trying to do with her, like getting her off the bottle and onto sippy cups. he says he will be better and more firm about it but I have had sooo many talks I don't know what to do!

Any advise?

I've got no kids, but tell him he'll end up with a spoilled brat if he keêps it that way. y mom was pretty strict too, my dad would take us (my sister and I) to puppet theater and would tell us countless stories... At the end of the day we would still choose mom over him to tuck us in. Must have been hard on my father, now that I think of it.

Don't be afraid to set rules and make your little child understand this... she'll grow up, it will wear off. Just don't give in, children are very good at trying to have it their way. Make sure she knows and feels you love her!!!

It seems to me that as a child gets older and goes thru various stages...the Daddy / Mommy roles take different turns. Wait till she's 14 and wants to date the loser pimple boy across the street....let's see Daddy give in then! HAHA!

I remember going thru what you are when my kids were younger though. It would make me SO MAD! All you guys can really do is try to find a few compromises....but the baby will ALWAYS know who's closer to letting her get her way. Babies have a 6th sense......and can smell your defeat!

• Author

Arabess and CurlyIam, thank you for your replies! I had a talk with my H and actually discussed what BOTH of you have advised me, and I also told him that when she is 2 I want her off the bottle, and if he has helped prevent that.....HE gets to deal with it in the middle of the night and so forth. He said he saw my point.

Wait till she's 14 and wants to date the loser pimple boy across the street....let's see Daddy give in then! HAHA!

Arabess, that is SO TRUE, infact he's ALREADY talking about how boys are going to have to really impress him...etc...haha

Thanks for your replies :D

soccorsilly

It will break your heart, but put her down and let her cry her heart out--let her wail and moan and rattle the crib/bed. It will take one night maybe two and she will be off the bottle. We used this tactic with my three kids and for one of them weaning off a pacifier. Two nights of lost sleep was a small price to pay. But, keep an ear open for real trouble---my ex and I took turns sitting outside the nursery in a rocker so we could peek in to be sure they were ok while the other got a few hours of shut eye