LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

17 year old daughter....hardest years yet

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2013, 11:25 AM   #46

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
How's things now, 2sure....?

TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 2:10 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sure View Post
I need advice from two camps. Experienced parents of 17 year olds. And probably recent 17 year olds. Actually, I will take advice from anyone willing to give it .

I single parent my daughter. I adore her of course. I am blessed to be witness to all of the energy, passion, and fearlessness that IS 17. Its an amazing , breathing thing, and it gives me new life myself.

My kid is a good person. Being a single mom for most of her life, sometimes our relationship is too friendly, that's what happens.

She put gauges in here ears, small ones and I hated but accepted them because she said she would only go so big. We'll, a year later they are pretty big and she had successfully hidden them from me until the other day. I freaked right out.

I have made this my hill to die on apparently.

I have to finish later, I'm in tears.
Everyone finds a way to push the boundaries at that age, like other people say it could be worse - it could be drugs or cutting or sleeping around. Its not that bad!

I went on a mountain biking trip right across the alps with some buddys, just camping out - my poor mum didn't want me too - she must of been worried out of her mind!!
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote