Smokn Weed n Raising Ur Child

DayumQuitPlayin

DayumQuitPlayin

I have a friend.. who has this precious baby gurl. Well she start'd smokn dat chronic again.. n now its gotten lil krazy'ish. I mean Dayum.. i mean i dont see nuttn wrong wit smokn.. but tha fact that she doin it alot.. specially her boyfriend. I kno its not right to smoke in tha first place.. but i can understand why she wants to smoke.. but one thing i dont like iz tha fact that dey Stay smokn alot. Its really bad.. spendn money on it.. wen dey could b usin it fa otha things.. n its jus tha point of dem doin it. I mean.. i could understand if she smoke ocassionally..sure das not so bad.. but her doin it all da tyme.

I jus wanna see wut pplz thought on dis might b. Thank you

I'm thinkin' it's illegal. They can go for it but will end up losing their child. Bad for them but better for the kid.

I'm almost positive my parents both habitually use marijuana. They're great people, fantastic parents, and I've never been affected by their drug use. If, by "chronic", you mean laced with PCP, I think that could be a different issue.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

Ooohh I forgot to say.. Her mom Smokes too ..she b smokn dat krazy shyt. Like Mother like Daughter, huh?

Newayz.. in my opinion.. i think it needs ta stop fa real.. cuz she gotta take care of dat baby.. Dey b buyin O'z too.. think of wut dey could b gettn dey baby outta tha money dey b spendn on sum Chronic.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

I can't do that. They my people. I've known her since I was like wut... in Kindergarten. What I can say is that they all have alot of stress. You know.. her family dont 'talk' they 'yell' Iz krazy.. I can only wish for the best, and offer my assistance in any way. The smoking isn't harming the child.. but its just not a good environment that I feel the child should be around. Dont get me wrong tho. Whenever they smoke cigarettes.. they make sure they dont smoke around her.. especially weed. I just wish they could put that money to better use.

Originally posted by DayumQuitPlayin

The smoking isn't harming the child..

If it's cutting into the child's budget it's harming the child. If the residue smoke in the house doesn't count.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

Well ofcourse its harming tha child.. but wen i said it.. i meant that it didnt directly harm her.. because she has clothes, food, diapers.. everything she needs she has... I'm sayin that it could b betta for her if dey used tha money dey used for smokn..to buy her new things, better things.

Yes.. residual smoke will b in tha house.. and ofcourse thats bad.. but its her mom who smoke also.. not just them.. so even if dey stop'd smokn.. her mom has to also. U kno wut im sayin?

My ex and son's father's parents smoked pot around him and let him do it when he was a teenager and he is now a junkie and the parents don't know why .....( i wonder) You can't teach your children that it is o.k to do any drugs!

I smoked my brains out when I was younger, but my parents would have killed me.

This mother is irresponsible, and you should confront her about it.

Tell her you care about her and her baby's future. Pot get you know where.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

Yea i feel u, i b telln her.. but she makes it seem like she tryin.. n that her boyfriend tha one who keeps buyin it. But he really iz tho.. he alwayz buyin it.. n a matter of fact.. my homeboy call'd me.. woke me up.. we wuz talkn.. den he told me dat my friends boyfriend just bought sum more today... shyt iz krazy.. he seriously iz a Pot Head.. i mean dayum... er'body in my neighborhood smokes jus bout.. but dayum.. He a POT HEAD

Thanx fa ya input :)

U kno wut im sayin?

Nope.

But I be tryin' any way! :laugh:

Dayum, Good2Go was right on the mark. The problem with any illegal substance is that it could land a parent in jail while their poor kid gets carted off by the Child Protection Agency and placed in foster care. I admire your concern, and can only hope that one day you'll turn out to be a better parent than your friend is.

By the way...you reminded me of one of the kids I use to work with at the center. I know your not Vinny...but you too look so simular you could be brothers. :D

You wouldn't happen to be Lumbee by any chance, would you?

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin
Originally posted by EnigmaXOXO

By the way...you reminded me of one of the kids I use to work with at the center. I know your not Vinny...but you too look so simular you could be brothers. :D

You wouldn't happen to be Lumbee by any chance, would you?

o really? na.. im not :( actually im a mixture of: panamanian, prican, brazilian, and japanese :-p

..so i assume he must b good lookin then huh? LoL im jus playin :-p

If, by "chronic", you mean laced with PCP, I think that could be a different issue.

It usually just means very good pot.

But ya never know.

DayumQuitPlayin - Can you clarify? And perhaps type out your words using grammatically correct English? ( I know this is a stretch coming from me...but please? ) Not busting your balls bro, but it's hard to read your writing, and it doesn't really present you all that well.

Peace,

WA

Ok lemme just clarify a few things that my friend (DayumQuitPlayin) wrote about..yes I do smoke weed. NEVER around my baby *not even cigarette smoke*, you guys are misunderstanding what he wrote..she has never seen me smoke, maybe a cigarette but I plan on quitting that too once she's older and knows what cigarettes are (she's 3 months old now)..so it was not all how you are taking it. I smoke weed in social settings and once again *NOT AROUND THE BABY*...I know everyone has experimented with weed...so don't think I'm some kind of pothead mother who doesn't take care of her baby. Because it's not like that! HOLLA!

this is only my opinion:

I don't feel that smoking pot and being a parent is wrong unless the child is around.

I personally think they should legalize it. I think that alcohol can be more dangerous than pot and it's legal. I feel that there are more domestic disputes when the people are drunk than high. My only source is because I'm an avid COPS program watcher, and I have never seen an episode where the people are high and fighting.

Now other chemical drugs are definetly a no no. Marijuana is natural.

Just my opinion

befuddled11
Originally posted by notthatbad

Ok lemme just clarify a few things that my friend (DayumQuitPlayin) wrote about..yes I do smoke weed. NEVER around my baby *not even cigarette smoke*, you guys are misunderstanding what he wrote..she has never seen me smoke, maybe a cigarette but I plan on quitting that too once she's older and knows what cigarettes are (she's 3 months old now)..so it was not all how you are taking it. I smoke weed in social settings and once again *NOT AROUND THE BABY*...I know everyone has experimented with weed...so don't think I'm some kind of pothead mother who doesn't take care of her baby. Because it's not like that! HOLLA!

Whether pot should be illegal or not is a moot point here (as someone suggested that it should be)..the fact is, in your state, it's definitely not. I don't know how much you smoke/buy/whether your grown your own/whether you or your boyfriend deal any (even a small amount, even just to friends)...but if for any reason you were to get busted, you *DO* run the very real risk of losing your child. Are you prepared to take that risk?? Is being stoned worth that risk?

Secondly....just as it's illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol, it's also illegal to drive under the influence of illegal substances. What if you're stoned one day/night and your baby needs immediate medical attention....and you have to driver her to the doctor or nearest hospital.......you risk getting pulled over, you risk getting into an accident, and you risk getting busted by healthcare staff who take one look at your bloodshot glassy eyes and screwed up pupils and know you're "on something"...and then calling Child Protective Services.

Or what if you're stoned at home one day, and something happens to your baby as a direct result of you not having the "reaction time" and "clear thought processes" to properly and effectively deal with the situation?

I smoked pot in my younger years, I know how it goes from personal experience...and really potent stuff can screw you up a fair bit.

What if you get your hands on some whacked out weed? And it really messes you up..are you going to be able to properly care for your child? If you're smoking this sh*t while you're baby is in the home, that's no different than a parent sitting there and getting plastered on booze while their baby's there........which obviously puts them in a "non sober" state......and in my opinion, that's child abuse....because a baby or child is helpless.....and you owe it to them to be clear-minded at all times when you're caring for them.

What if you can't ever quit this habit? Are you going to grow up encouraging your child (early teens) to smoke weed? If not, are you going to be a hypocrite and tell them they shouldn't do drugs, although you do yourself?

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

Very good points Spoken.

I hope :: coughs :: Katie-bear Hears all these nice pplz comments.. and take into consideration that Smoking Pot Is Bad! >JuS PLaYiN< ..U kno i luv u :-p

Oh n fa homeboy who mentioned that Weed should be Legalized.. I Concurr!! But fa realz tho.. I hope my friend does make the right decisions. It's just ...getting too much. Tone it down gurl.. n wit that money u spendn.. u could b buyin me sum stuff for my kar LMAO .. jus playin

But I be tryin' any way!

Lol, me too Enigma :)

I'm all for legalization.

There is something else to consider. Whilst the effects on family life may be limited or even absent, the fact is that some "chronic users" are addicted to weed. It's a psychological rather than a physical addiction but none the less powerful for it. It seems to occur with certain personality types and not others. As with all addictions, a minimum dose is needed for normal functioning. The effects of withdrawal can be devastating for family life. The person becomes a stranger to those they love. Don't kid yourself that the effects of drug use on your children is the only thing to consider. The effects of drug withdrawal can be pretty grim too.

• Author
DayumQuitPlayin

That's tru,

For me.. I don't need to smoke it.. I mean I only do it occassionally, but others usually do it on a daily basis. I dont think its bad anyway.. i think its safer than drinking... funny thing iz.. i talk'd to my mom about it yesterday.. and this is the first time she actually agreed with me in sum aspects.. I was Shocc'd cuz she totally against any drug ( U hear this Katie-bear ) ??