who said it was easy lied

it's not right

it's not right

It's tough being a single parent and i mean single i haven't dated in a whole year and it gets lonely without anyone tru to talk too. Besides that I am a good woman with great qualities but the very thought of just doing this by myself is riduculious. I know i need to start dating again but what comes after that I don't want too be single i would love to be a wife, friend, lover, sister, soul mate these are my qualties i am looking for also. I am the soul provider in this home bills don't make it easy. A survivor of breast cancer raising four kids three of whom are in the house. what is a women too do but sontinue to survive I hope that god sends me some more angels to carry me through

You are right....whoever told you it was going to be easy....LIED!

It's not impossible though and it DOES get easier as the kids get older giving you more free time. I've been a single Mom for 6 years and wouldn't have it any other way.

We can't put commercial links on here, but there is a match/date site for 'single parents' which several of my friends subsribe to and have a great time just talking to people online when they can't go out due to small children.

If you become a member here, I'll be happy to PM it to you. You can hang around Shacker World with us though. To fit in....all you have to do is be as easily entertained as we are!!! HAHA!

Hang in there. I'm a single mother, too and it's not easy. But I love it and I don't know what I'd do without my son around to brighten my days. As for dating, I've done plenty of that (it's overrated. lol. just kidding), so don't worry about finding someone. What I've always done is try not to focus on it. Lord knows we have enough to focus on as single parents. I am with someone now, but I didn't date for about 3 years after I first had my son. I'm actually glad I didn't. I found out a lot about myself after being alone and now I know I can really enjoy being single. If you ever need anyone to talk to, you're more than welcome here. And like I said, hang in there.

I understand it's not easy being a single parent, and feeling like you're cut off from the world. But you are a worthwhile, good person--you don't need a man to make you feel valued!

My mom raised my sister and I up in pretty poor conditions, isolated on a farm, with little to no support from my father. It was tough for a woman that young, with no relatives nearby, to do some of the things she did. She earned a Dietician certification, got a better job and made enough money to get away from my father and make a better life for all three of us. I have always respected her and been grateful for the hard work and sacrifices she made for us.

She said a couple of years back that she had thought about dating again when she was younger, but making her own life all by herself made her realize she just didn't want to be answerable to anyone else. It gave her a lot of confidence. She enjoys being single and doing whatever the hell she wants.

And you can still flirt with any man you like--you just don't have to worry about putting up with their BS at your house! :D