What's my moms problem?

longlegzs80

Okay, it has come down to this, I told my mom about this guy and she thought it was great that I am going out with someone. She never asked about his age at first until I got home and she asked and I told her 35 instead of 37 which I don't know why I did that. But she told me to be careful which I know right from wrong and am a big girl and 22 and can handle my own stuff.

I think I am becomming more and more attracted to him with all the time we spend with one another and he is such a fun guy. Very sweet, but now since my mom knows all this. I know I should not worry about it, but she is going to have a problem with this because of his age. I don't know what to do and when I told her the lie about him being 35 she just told me to be careful. And I told her that I know right from wrong and she don't have to worry but she is worring about it.

What should I do? How can she get the hint to just let go of her little princess and give me time and space to let me explore stuff on my own.

She didn't cause any problems. You shaved off two years - big deal. I still think it's your issue. She said be careful - that's about as mild a reaction as you could possibly expect. Chill.

You are going to occasionally do things that your Mom does not approve of or agree with if you are going to be living your life for you. You can't make everyone happy all of the time and you certainly don't want to make yourself miserable to please others. Agree to disagree and move on.

if all the advice/instructions my mom gave me was "be careful", that'd be great! so enjoy... it's harder to stay up when it's a whole argument.

-yes

It doesn't matter how old you are. It's hardcoded in to their genes. Mothers are always gonna worry.

Just do the right thing to give her some reassurance, so she wouldn't have to worry as much. :)

• Author

I agree with everyone. I know it is my issue and I have been straight up front with my mom. She can not really say much because my father who they are both divorced is several years older then she, so she is actually fine with it.

I just was working myself up to having it be more of a problem then it actually is. So everything is good. So glad that my mom did not make a big stink out of the situation.