mother's day

alphabet911

pink_sugar

My H, my mom and step dad celebrated our wedding anniversaries, which are a week apart and mother's day this weekend. We went out of town and went on a mother's day brunch cruise.

I was away on a short holiday with my husband, while our son was with my parents. A few days of romantic getaway in the mountains, on the lake. On actual Mother's Day, we were heading back to pick up our little boy, so we spent most of the day in transit--not the most fun, but we'd had some great days beforehand--and then we took my parents out to dinner, restaurant of my mom's choice. I got her a few gifts as well, and my father and son gave me a mix of baby plants potted together that they had made for me, transplanted from plants in my dad's garden. When we got home, my husband surprised me with a gorgeous new hi-tech teapot (I am a tea drinker and my old kettle had a malfunctioning whistle). I wasn't expecting anything at all, since we'd taken that trip together. I am going to have to really step up my game for Father's Day :bunny:.

I went out for coffee and pastries with my husband in the morning, went shopping in the afternoon, then to the pool with my kids, then out for dinner in the evening with husband and kids. It was a pretty good day.