10.5 more months

No real reason for this post other than to get the words out. LOL

I've been co-parenting with a jerk for 14 years. My youngest child with him will graduate from high school next June and I can see some relief in my life regarding drama and verbal abuse.

I left my ex because he was verbally abusive and it turned physical twice so I left. The verbal bullying has lasted all these years and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We've had moments throughout the years when he was nice and we got along great. For most of this summer things were going great and I had him over a couple times for a BBQ with my family.

Then a week ago my oldest son was giving the ex grief and as always, the ex took it out on me and said horrible things trying to hurt me. I used to shake when I'd hear from him and I knew he was angry. I would be a basket case for days. NOW I don't. I know it's all him and I don't take his insults personally at all. I mean, he even said I should stop wearing my mother's bathing suit after he had seen me in the pool in my bathing suit. Seriously, what the heck is that about?

He has also made parenting a game. He's always undermined me and threw money at the boys so they would "choose" him. And sadly they did. So I'm looking forward to also building a better relationship with the boys without interference.

So in 10.5 months I won't ever have to deal with him again. I'm looking forward to truly healing and having peace in my life and rebuilding my relationship with the boys.

Edited by LAMARQ