what does it mean when NOTHING shocks you anymore???

i just found out my youngest daughter (22) with a 2 1/2 year old is pregnant.

not willingly either..i was not even surprised when she told me she thought she was.

a test confirmed it...the father her current boyfriend wants her to have an abortion, she wants to have the baby.

what a mess huh?

I'll agree that you are facing a difficult situation. To be honest, though, it's not a shocking thing given the times we live in. I'm not surprised by things like this anymore.

I suppose in a strange way you should consider yourselves lucky. At least you all know WHO the father actually is. That's a luxury in and of itself sometimes today.

As far as the baby is concerned, I suppose your daughter is going to have to come to some decision on that with her boyfriend.

Personally, I find it perplexing and troubling that any man would even think of terminating life that he has helped bring into the world. The kid is, afterall, part of him, his own flesh and blood.

I know there are many many opinions and perspectives. Some say, "Perhaps they're not capable of taking care of a child at this stage in their lives." Others point to the fact that it was unplanned. Perhaps it's easier for some to make that kind of a decision when the kid is in that stage of its development. I suppose some just think more like it's a thing, not a person at that point. The opinions go on and on and on. Very troubling ideas (to me anyway).

(((Oh well, I'm discovering quickly that I don't fit into the "mental mould" of a lot of people these days, so why should this kind of thing be any different. LOL)))

Anyways Zingy, may the Lord lead their hearts to the right decision. (Which for the record, in my humble opinion, is also the only decision.)

I'm sure all our thoughts go with you.

Curt

HokeyReligions

All I can say is, be positive and celebrate the new addition to the family! Once the baby is here you will all wonder how you could be without him or her.

It's a mess but it was comming sooner or latter. Does your daughter take birth control? Was she hoping to get pregnant again? Anyways, it is a matter of what she wants to do. Sure her boyfriend wants an abortion, maybe he is not ready for the responsibility of a child or maybe he can't pay for it or whatever it is.

If your daughter is willing to have a child and go through the pregnancy, all power to her. She should whether her boyfriend wants it or not. It just sounds to me that her boyfriend does not want the responsibitly or is not ready for a child. WEll, he should have thought about that beforehand.

What do you think of all this? ARe you happy for your daughter? Do you like her boyfriend? What is your feelings on the situation? You say your not shocked by it but are you willing to stand by your daughter with any decision she makes?