LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

Bit of a FAUX PAS

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2009, 4:02 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedDevil View Post
well if i was the other parents i would be totally pissed that you hurt my kid.... that was all i was saying.
You would be pissed that the female parent of a girl who your son was slapping across the face stopped your son by pulling his arm behind his back ? hahahaha
Old 18th May 2009, 4:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
You would be pissed that the female parent of a girl who your son was slapping across the face stopped your son by pulling his arm behind his back ? hahahaha
yes, i would be pissed that this woman laid a hand on my child.
BlueEyedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 4:09 PM   #33
Established Member

Well, thank you everyone for your opinions , advice, and support.

While I could have handled it differently, I dont have to be quite so ashamed I feel like an animal. And the message sent was, i think , the right one.

Going into the meeting with the kids parents tonight, I will let my H take the lead as I think my opinion was pretty clearly stated in my actions. H is speaking to legal counsel right now and to be honest thats his thing, so...

But now, having at least vented here...I can go in feeling confident and not ashamed. Always, always I hate to do anything to cause my family any grief. I was not "to the manor born" and I know that some people around here just wait for me to prove it.

Maybe I have. But I'm not backing down on this one.
2sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 4:10 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
I would be just fine with a mother grabbing the arm of MY son after I JUST saw him strike a girl. However, my son doesn't go about assaulting people.

Again, the problem with many of today's teens stems from the actions of the parents.
donnamaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 4:12 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
You wouldn't be pissed that your teenager was slapping girls ? In real time this incident happened and the child isn't a child. he was a teenager and almost adult.

How would you have recommended that she restrain him from smacking her child more ? Ask Politely ?
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 4:15 PM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamaybe View Post
I would be just fine with a mother grabbing the arm of MY son after I JUST saw him strike a girl. However, my son doesn't go about assaulting people.

Again, the problem with many of today's teens stems from the actions of the parents.
Same here.. my lord.. a parent upset that their teenager would be restrained from continuing to strike another teenager who happened to be a girl..

His arm was twisted behind his back.. that isn't hurt..hahahahahaha
Old 18th May 2009, 4:17 PM   #37
Established Member

Oh yeah donna - with you.

I am a believer in "It Takes A Village"

If my child is in trouble, I'd like to think my neighbors would help her as I would no doubt help their children.

If my daughter is getting into trouble, I would hope that any parent would haul her home, reprimand her, etc...as I would.

I dont hold anyone elses children or family to a higher standard than I do my own.
Old 18th May 2009, 4:20 PM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Do you even have children ?.. you are just now pregnant.
Something tells me that you might feel differently if the baby your are carrying turns into a school bully.
Old 18th May 2009, 4:26 PM   #39
Established Member

His arm was twisted behind his back.. that isn't hurt..hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Ahem...just to be honest...yeah, it hurt. It did. Thats mainly the reason I called the police. I didnt entirely trust myself.
Old 18th May 2009, 4:29 PM   #40
Established Member

So it hurt. Big deal. So do "snakebites" where kids take someone's forearm in both their hands and make a wringing motion. It hurt, but did NOT injur him. However, a slap or a push to the ground CAN injur.

Don't let it bother you, 2sure.
Old 18th May 2009, 4:32 PM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sure View Post
His arm was twisted behind his back.. that isn't hurt..hahahahahaha

Ahem...just to be honest...yeah, it hurt. It did. Thats mainly the reason I called the police. I didnt entirely trust myself.
2sure.. I grew up with a lot bigger of a brother than me.. he out weighed me by at least 75 lbs and let me tell you that my arm has been behind my back and pushed up many times as a means of controlling me and while it does technically hurt it isn't assault when you are restraining another individual from injuring another...

Give yourself a break... and don't listen to someone who is posting to incite on this board.. not many people would stick up for their bully child smacking around a girl and if they do then I would think they really need to look inward because what you did was not wrong and the teen who slapped your daughter was in the wrong.
Old 18th May 2009, 4:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
Give yourself a break... and don't listen to someone who is posting to incite on this board..
because i have an unpopular opinion i am inciting?
BlueEyedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 4:41 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
because i have an unpopular opinion i am inciting?
I think it may have something to do with the fact that you think that someone grabbing the arm of a boy after he slaps a girl is wrong, as well as the thread you started about how girls can get away with smacking guys around.
Old 18th May 2009, 5:05 PM   #44
Established Member

Well done, OP. I would've done the same and I don't have children. Someone has to stand up and take responsibility in such matters. Leave the rest to H. I'm sure he's wanting to feel useful right about now.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 6:09 PM   #45

I too would have been pissed that an adult laid a hand on my child. I have an almost 14 yr old son, and would have been LIVID had he come home and told me about this. I would have wanted to press charges.

However, when I got the other side of the story, I would still have been pissed but would have understood the reason behind the incident. And then I would have ground my son, taken him to see a counselor at an abused womans shelter. As I would want to know why the heck my son put his hands on a girl. And I would make him do some volunteer work at that same shelter, so he can see first hand the reality that abused woman must face.
Cuppie_Cake is offline   Reply With Quote