What is Second Life and is it appropriate for my teens to play?

mopar crazy

mopar crazy

I have no idea what this online game is about. Is it appropriate for my 14.5 and 13 yo? They are addicted to this game. They say it's not a bad game and have explained a little to me. If it's not appropriate for them to play it I am taking it off my computer no matter how upset they become.

Lookingforward
I have no idea what this online game is about. Is it appropriate for my 14.5 and 13 yo? They are addicted to this game. They say it's not a bad game and have explained a little to me. If it's not appropriate for them to play it I am taking it off my computer no matter how upset they become.

As long as they are on what is called the Teen grid, it's okay for them to play. There is an adult grid as well where you have to be over 18.

It's a virtual reality "game" where the users can learn to build and create their own "content". Think of it as a very large chat room with visuals. It's run as a consumer driven economy - most of the females love the fashion and some go on to create and design their own - the males seem to be more into gadgetry.

The teen grid is pretty closely monitored by Linden Labs - no adults are allowed except educators and "mentors".

Like anything on the computer, keeping an eye on them doesn't hurt of course.

LucreziaBorgia

I dabble in Second Life and I agree with above - you definitely want them on the Teen side! The adult side varies in degrees of harmlessness and naughty (and very, very naughty!).