11 year old little sister 10+year age difference

oftenconfused

oftenconfused

My sister is 11. I have been out of the house since she was born. I have my own little life and routine...problem is I want to be more involved in her life. i don't know how to connect with her. She is is fantasy land all of the time and can't seem to talk about anything real like school or her life. I want to be a good big sister but I really don't know how. I have no child or sibling experience to work with. Suggestions?

What you can do is try to do things she likes to do... Like maybe watch a disney movie with her.... Take her to the movies or fun places... Those things will be fun and give you both time to get to know each other more...

Try and play with her... maybe with barbies or other things... Something should get her open up a little more...

What you can do is try to do things she likes to do... Like maybe watch a disney movie with her.... Take her to the movies or fun places... Those things will be fun and give you both time to get to know each other more...

Try and play with her... maybe with barbies or other things... Something should get her open up a little more...

My little sister and I are separated by 16 years, she's 8. The above is really good advice. I watch movies and play games with my sister and we seem to enjoy each other's company. Just last weekend, I babysat her on Friday and Saturday so my dad and step mom could do some shopping. She and I had a blast decorating the christmas tree, talking, and watching the Polar Express and Madagascar. I love having a little sister because she reminds me of what it's like to be a kid and just have some good old fashion fun. :)