Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Familial > Family

What would you do? A research question...

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 7:19 AM   #16
Established Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,138
I don't know what your criteria are in terms of data collection but I hope you have factored in the 'discussion' dimension, OP.

The responses you are getting and using as data are a little bit skewed in the sense that we can all read each other's replies, and therefore can be influenced by them, so there might be a dash of bias (normal on a discussion forum).
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 6:20 PM   #17
Established Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast Coast
Posts: 651
I would have walked right into the room when I heard my mother saying that to my nieces. I would have told my nieces grandma is being silly, comparing them to anyone. They are unique individuals who can do/be anything they want in life, that there will always be naysayers out there telling them they can't and to have confidence in themselves to prove all those naysayers wrong.

I would have a conversation with my mother about how that behavior is unacceptable around my child and I need her to respect my wishes in that regard. If she cannot, then we can still live together, but she will not watch my child(ren.) Then I would have told the sibling parent of my nieces what happened so they are aware.
vla1120 is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have online friends? I'm doing some research. tmuwra Friendship 2 23rd February 2011 6:19 AM
Which would you chose? Research Question GregsBad The Other Man / Woman 34 1st May 2007 8:00 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.

Copyright © 1997-2018 All Rights Reserved.