LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

What would you do? A research question...

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 7:19 AM   #16
Established Member

I don't know what your criteria are in terms of data collection but I hope you have factored in the 'discussion' dimension, OP.

The responses you are getting and using as data are a little bit skewed in the sense that we can all read each other's replies, and therefore can be influenced by them, so there might be a dash of bias (normal on a discussion forum).
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 6:20 PM   #17
Established Member

I would have walked right into the room when I heard my mother saying that to my nieces. I would have told my nieces grandma is being silly, comparing them to anyone. They are unique individuals who can do/be anything they want in life, that there will always be naysayers out there telling them they can't and to have confidence in themselves to prove all those naysayers wrong.

I would have a conversation with my mother about how that behavior is unacceptable around my child and I need her to respect my wishes in that regard. If she cannot, then we can still live together, but she will not watch my child(ren.) Then I would have told the sibling parent of my nieces what happened so they are aware.
vla1120 is offline   Reply With Quote