LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Members who were NOT the favorite child ??

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree6Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2019, 8:33 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKT3 View Post
Its human nature to blame any and every one or thing for difficulties in life,
No, it's not. There is an equal chance that people (child or adult) will take responsibility that does not actually belong to them, for whatever is the problem, and trend towards guilt instead of blame.

Sure, of course...two sides of the same coin, one might reasonably argue, but not all people fit the 'one-size-fits-all' mold, and, thus, one must also be careful of what one assigns as "human nature",
because such generalizations and stereotypes are sure to come back and bite one right in the arse...sometimes especially when we are least expecting, and when the bite is going to hurt the hardest.
Old 17th February 2019, 12:43 AM   #17
Established Member

I'd say getting shipped off to boarding school so my mother could raise her new family kids with no distractions was a bit of a hint.
Old 17th February 2019, 10:23 AM   #18

I have one sister and she seems to just get whatever she wants but I never did

But I've just grown to accept it. I have no idea why its like this but it is
Old 17th February 2019, 10:30 PM   #19
Established Member

I have so many bad memories of childhood that I wouldn't know where to begin. Both my parents were the kind who favoured one kid and the others were made to feel blatantly unwanted. The favoured kid grew up to be criminally inclined while the other three of us are honest and honourable people. Even when Miss Favourite committed serious crimes, (arson, insurance fraud, etc), the sun still shone from her rear as far as our imbecilic parents were concerned. This dynamic fosters an unhealthy and miserable family life and can cause lasting damage to the children who have their needs ignored and their achievements downplayed or over-loooked. Parents who do this are child abusers, and are often narcissistic.
Closed Thread