LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

i'm a college student and my mom is still controlling

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2019, 1:42 PM   #16
Established Member

PPaisley hasnít been back but Iím wondering if Momís always been controlling as far as keeping her kid sheltered. Theyíre usually the worst ones once they get a bit of freedom. Itís the result of being kept under lock and key for oneís whole entire life.

For all we know she could be completely out of control and Momís only trying to reign her in.
Old 10th February 2019, 4:38 AM   #17
Established Member

Okay, this could easily be me and my daughter because I worry a lot about her at night, but I don't track her and don't badger her. I think the first thing I would do if I were you is to ask her to stop tracking you. Delete the app or phone or whatever it is that you need to do to make that stop. Gently tell her that you love and appreciate her but that it feels a bit smothering and stifling. Then after that, every time she freaks out about you going out at night, just laugh it off and reassure her that you're fine.
Old 25th February 2019, 1:59 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya9000 View Post
Erase the application
The challenge for the OP, until she achieves some financial independence, is that erasing the app may cause mom to nix the phone.

She can create her own space, just has to earn her way there...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 8th March 2019, 8:40 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittygritty View Post
Get a part-time job. Buy your own cell phone. Leave the other cell phone in your dorm room after 4:30pm.
^^^THIS^^^! Pay your own way and then you don't have to follow her rules. It's that simple.