LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Aunt launched abuse at me.

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:42 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Oh I hope itís not too bad and has a good chance at being controlled if not cured

xo

Can you leave the chat group where she keeps bashing you?
I did, I got added back in by another family member :S

He has CNS lymphoma I think they called it. His world has come crashing down in a matter of minutes. He is worried he will lose his job, he is worried he will lose everything.

He actually said to me after I told him about what my aunt had said. That if I want to walk away. He wouldn't be mad. He wouldn't hold grudges or anything.
ShaunaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:53 PM   #17
Established Member

I’m so sorry to hear.

If your aunt continues to be so rude towards you and him it may do you some good to speak up for yourself. I realize it may be difficult because she’s your aunt but all respect went out the window when she disrespected you and continues to do.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 1:16 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
I’m so sorry to hear.

If your aunt continues to be so rude towards you and him it may do you some good to speak up for yourself. I realize it may be difficult because she’s your aunt but all respect went out the window when she disrespected you and continues to do.
Thank you.

My world came crashing down today. My aunt keeps goading for a reaction, The family are telling her to shut up. She just won't!

EDIT I've replied asking her to be quiet and let me deal with this in peace. Her reply "I hope dealing with it is leaving him. He isn't good enough for you."

Last edited by ShaunaN; 2nd February 2019 at 1:22 PM..
Old 2nd February 2019, 1:33 PM   #19
Established Member

I’d reply to that by saying, “No. Youre not good enough for him.”
Old 2nd February 2019, 2:24 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Iíd reply to that by saying, ďNo. Youre not good enough for him.Ē
My other aunt said in the group chat that, She also said that its clear I'm not coping well on my own, and she is ringing my mum to book a flight over to help me.

The other aunt said "Are you blind to the fact her boyfriend is BRITISH!?! He is scum!"

Me and my boyfriend should be watching the rugby and having Ireland V England laughs. Having drinks without a care in the world.

Now I worry that my boyfriend could die at any time and I've got my stupid aunt carrying an anti-British sentiment.
Old 2nd February 2019, 3:16 PM   #21
Established Member

Iím glad your other aunt is coming to your aid. I wouldnít worry about the mean one too much if you can help it. You have enough on your plate as it is.

Just concentrate on the family members who do support you. Your aunt should be the very last one youíre thinking of right now and wasting your time and energy on.

I hope your BF feels better soon. Figuring out what it is is half the battle. At least they know how to go about fixing it now.

Wishing for better days for the both of you xo
Old 3rd February 2019, 6:39 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Iím glad your other aunt is coming to your aid. I wouldnít worry about the mean one too much if you can help it. You have enough on your plate as it is.

Just concentrate on the family members who do support you. Your aunt should be the very last one youíre thinking of right now and wasting your time and energy on.

I hope your BF feels better soon. Figuring out what it is is half the battle. At least they know how to go about fixing it now.

Wishing for better days for the both of you xo
I agree. However she is very loud and is louder than those who care. I just wish she would shut up st this time. I'm running on empty. My boyfriend is trying to help by making me rest and taking time away from the situation, I just don't know how I'm keeping going.
Old 4th February 2019, 6:26 AM   #23
Established Member

just poast in the app. "he's dying. my love is dying". that might shut her up.

and then ask everyone in the chat how she got to be a racist. cuz she is.

then post that you are taking the plane tickets, that your grand father can spend his money any way he likes, until they prove he's no longer able to make his own decisions.

otherwise, off the top of my Irish/Russian/English head i'd say, get a ancestry dot com DNA test and either prove he's not 100 percent British or lie about it and make up some Irish ancestors for him.

all the best.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:52 PM   #24
Established Member

Your aunt is mentally unbalanced and needs to be removed from that group chat. The fact that she hasn't already been removed and blocked implies that your family and you are rather enjoying the drama she is stirring up. Same with you telling your boyfriend what your aunt said about leaving him to die. Why on earth did you repeat that to him? Like he needs to hear that kind of negativity when he has just been given this devastating news regarding his health. Please be more sensitive and more selective about what you repeat.

If your family refuses to remove your aunt from the chat, then you can choose to stop participating in the chat yourself. Tell your other family members that you refuse to spend anymore of your emotional energy reacting to your aunt and you no longer wish to see what she says so they either remove her or you will be removing yourself. You can put a stop to this drama if you really want to.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 4:30 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anika99 View Post
Your aunt is mentally unbalanced and needs to be removed from that group chat. The fact that she hasn't already been removed and blocked implies that your family and you are rather enjoying the drama she is stirring up. Same with you telling your boyfriend what your aunt said about leaving him to die. Why on earth did you repeat that to him? Like he needs to hear that kind of negativity when he has just been given this devastating news regarding his health. Please be more sensitive and more selective about what you repeat.

If your family refuses to remove your aunt from the chat, then you can choose to stop participating in the chat yourself. Tell your other family members that you refuse to spend anymore of your emotional energy reacting to your aunt and you no longer wish to see what she says so they either remove her or you will be removing yourself. You can put a stop to this drama if you really want to.
I leave the chat on a daily basis and ask to not be added back in. They say "I'm family" and add me back in.

As for telling my boyfriend. He asks and says he wants to hear whats said and we say we have no secrets. I know I really shouldn't tell him. I can't lie to him though.

I am considering putting my irish number to my secondary number and use my UK number as my main number, that will stop this. As I'll only use my Irish number to call home
Old 4th February 2019, 4:35 PM   #26
Established Member

I agree that you can put a stop to this drama if you REALLY want to. Don't engage.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 5:24 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
I agree that you can put a stop to this drama if you REALLY want to. Don't engage.
I don't reply to her rantings. They say you can't reason with a fool.