LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Mum has breast cancer

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2019, 5:06 AM   #16
Established Member

Thatís excellent that she enjoyed her treat. Thatís what I was really good at when my mom was going through treatment, making tempting rich foods for her to eat. She barely lost any weight at all.

If you know of any others you should whip some up. She may not always want them but if she does eat some sheíll be getting her calories in.

Iím not sure what she should be eating and avoiding right now. Will she get to meet with a nutritionist?
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 8:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Thatís excellent that she enjoyed her treat. Thatís what I was really good at when my mom was going through treatment, making tempting rich foods for her to eat. She barely lost any weight at all.

If you know of any others you should whip some up. She may not always want them but if she does eat some sheíll be getting her calories in.

Iím not sure what she should be eating and avoiding right now. Will she get to meet with a nutritionist?
I'll keep the tip in mind!! Thank you!

As of now, there is no nutritionist involved. We were told that due to chemo, it's likely her skin will become very dry, it also causes sores and bleeding in the mouth. So we got her different gels, sprays she could use for relief. She will only be able to eat things that will be gentle on her mouth, so porridge, yoghurt and, sorry, boring things like thatÖ Although I will be preparing my pumpking puree soup for her over the weekend, she loves it. Technically baby food only! Bless her.

We will see how she handles it when it catches up with her. We will just try and make sure she eats and drinks enough and that the food is full of nutrients.
Cornputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 2:08 AM   #18

Mum got sick for the first time last night. Bless her, hope she wonít feel too bad today.
Cornputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 2:30 AM   #19
Established Member

Iím sorry your mum is starting to get sick. That was very fast.

I know when my own mom was taking chemo all of her senses were heightened and ordinary things like sounds and smells brought about nausea. She had those sores in her mouth also, horrible. They gave her something called magic mouthwash and while it didnít help her completely it was what she found most effective more than any other solution.

How long are they saying she needs to do chemo? I hope it wonít be too long so she can get back to feeling better soon.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote