Do most fathers never want their daughter to find love?

SuperHeroMan

I mean most fathers do seem to hate it when their daughter starts dating boys. I don't blame the fathers though, since romantic love can be a bad thing for someone, since a broken heart can cause a person a lot of pain.

They want their daughters to be with good men. I think they can sense it when the guy is only after one thing though, so they hate that.

It’s worse if their daughter is only looking for that one thing too, because then Dad will lose his mind.

A man who hates that his daughter dates because of the risk of a broken heart is actually a very poor parent.

Part of raising resilient children/young adults involves allowing them space to fail. Forgotten homework and lunches, missed assignments, not getting an award and broken hearts all teach a child/teen how to bounce back after adversity.

All that said, of men who do hate their daughter dating (I don't personally know any man who feels like this) I would imagine it's more about issues with her sexuality than protecting her heart.

GorillaTheater

I totally want my daughters to find love with a good man.

If you're not necessarily a good man (as I determine in my sole and merciless discretion), or not looking for love so much as a piece of ass (and my daughters are looking for more), then we may have an issue.

• Like 4
I totally want my daughters to find love with a good man.

Agreed, I'm fervently hoping for someone to take her off my hands. Just needs to be the right somebody...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

My wife is due in a month. While I have many years to look forward to spending time with my daughter I would only want her to be happy. Which of course means finding love (as long as it’s the right person).

• Like 1

For fathers, most men are not good enough for their little girl. Not as publicized, most women are not good enough for the mothers son.

• Like 1

Fathers often have their daughters up on a pedestal and find it really hard to think any given man is good enough for her. Of course, people have to make their own mistakes. But they want you to be with someone reliable and who will protect you, which may or may not be what they daughter wants!

The daughter just has to do what she's going to do though. Hopefully, she has had good parents as role models and only knows the good way to go, but that's usually not really the case. What you showed them over the years and what you told them and what they learned from others is all in the mix in what choices they'll make. The wisest advice a parent can give is NOT to get pregnant or married until you're at least in your upper twenties, and this is because of brain development. The part of the brain that predicts consequences is not fully formed until the mid-twenties, so young people simply can't see what they're getting themselves into as well as older ones. That's why there's always so much drama.

l doubt it , probably about the same percentages as mothers out there that don't really want their son to find love.

Me , l'd love her to settle down one day deliriously happy and in love with a great man that lasts forever and have a beautiful family .

That's what l'd love for my daughter when her time comes later on.

you can't protect them from everything nor should you. the fear dads/I have is their daughters choice (seriously of course we want a 'good person', does any dad want a 'bad one') is a reflection of them. either daughter chooses one similar to you (is that what she thinks of me) or vastly different (where did i go wrong).

overriding all this --- i know the moves i made to get some, so i can see what he is doing, because i did them. she can't be that dumb can she?

My father absolutely wanted me to find love. He did not want me to find users, liars or heartache but he knew that sometimes you have to experience the bad to appreciate the good.

Yeah l'm certainly not worried about her finding someone like me or if she chose bad is that a reflection on me , of course it's not girls will be girls and there's only so much we can do.

But yeah , of course l worry something might go wrong, of course no one wants that . But l try not to think about it.

She's always chose great friends and good bf's too though , she's a very wise and extremely smart girl and she see's straight through people her whole life, sooo, lets just hope.

And her mum and l are both very good about any people or partners too, and l've seen right through that influence on her so again lets just hope, like all hell .

l really try not to think about it to be honest.

major_merrick

I think fathers want their daughters to find love, but they don't want their daughters to endure heartbreak, unwed pregnancy, and STD's. A father's protectiveness is meant to minimize his daughter's pain, not increase it. The trouble is....boundaries.

• Like 1