Boyfriend naked in front of 10 year old daughter

Afrin

Does it weird that my boyfriend sleep naked with him being in the middle and me and his daughter on the side. he also wears rope and his private stuff shows many times.

It's unusual in the West, but I think English is your second language. Perhaps it's normal in your culture?

thefooloftheyear

It's inappropriate...Heck it's inappropriate for a kid of either sex at 10 years old to sleep in the same bed as the parent, fully clothed or not..

TFY

• Like 3
It's inappropriate...Heck it's inappropriate for a kid of either sex at 10 years old to sleep in the same bed as the parent, fully clothed or not..

TFY

I agree with the nudity thing but I have to ask - are you a parent? Just curious.

thefooloftheyear
I agree with the nudity thing but I have to ask - are you a parent? Just curious.

Yep......... Are you ??

TFY

• Like 2

I find this completely inappropriate.

There's nothing healthy about sleeping naked with your child at that age.

And there's nothing healthy about regularly sleeping with a 10 year old child.

• Like 4

Don't ever put your kid into bed with a man. She's 10, for God's sake! Even younger, you don't want them to get used to that and you cannot trust men like that! Put your kid on the sofa or her own bed.

• Like 1
Don't ever put your kid into bed with a man. She's 10, for God's sake! Even younger, you don't want them to get used to that and you cannot trust men like that! Put your kid on the sofa or her own bed.

It's his daughter, not hers.

I'm not going to say that I never saw my dad with no clothes when I was younger (because sometimes he would be changing and I would walk by the bedroom door...)

But sleeping naked with a 10 year old girl is a very different thing. I would not be comfortable sleeping in a bed with them. And, I think it's a totally inappropriate thing for him to do with his pre-teen daughter. Ick!

• Like 3
ChatroomHero

I think it's not good at all. What might be worse is him sleeping naked with her in the bed and YOU sleeping in the bed with your boyfriend and his 10 year old daughter.

• Like 1
I think it's not good at all. What might be worse is him sleeping naked with her in the bed and YOU sleeping in the bed with your boyfriend and his 10 year old daughter.

Exactly! I'm no prude and I dont' think it's a really terrible thing for kids to see a parent naked however I think at 10yrs some modesty is in order. Perhaps since he is wearing a robe he doesn't think he is naked but robes fall open, especially when lying down. So that is somewhat inappropriate but it is really inappropriate for him to bring her into bed with him and his girlfriend. If I was his girlfriend I simply wouldn't allow it. If he felt like his daughter needed to come into the bed because she is afraid or something I would say "fine, then I will sleep on the sofa" or perhaps another bed in the house.

• Like 1
major_merrick

TFY

Yep. And to me, it is inappropriate for a kid to be in the parents' bedroom AT ALL. The very best scenario is that the parents have no intimate time. It gets worse from there. And parents should be clothed around their kids, especially those of the opposite sex.

• Like 2
whichwayisup
Does it weird that my boyfriend sleep naked with him being in the middle and me and his daughter on the side. he also wears rope and his private stuff shows many times.

She's 10 and it's totally inappropriate for him to sleep naked next to his daughter. He should have underwear on. Also, have to ask, why is a 10 year girl sleeping in the same bed as you and him? She needs to have her own room and privacy.

• Like 2
Come on guys, you're all so Western and uptight about this. In Finland , whole families share saunas naked. And co-sleeping is common in many countries. And they haven't all gone to hell in a handcart.

https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/sleep/bed-sharing-co-sleeping-different-cultures/

Cosleeping is very common and a personal preference.

I think what people object to here are two things - the age of the child, and the fact that this woman who is sharing the bed is not the child's mother.

Add to that the father is naked and it increases the ick factor significantly...

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Come on guys, you're all so Western and uptight about this. In Finland , whole families share saunas naked. And co-sleeping is common in many countries. And they haven't all gone to hell in a handcart.

https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/sleep/bed-sharing-co-sleeping-different-cultures/

And there are women that breastfeed 10 year old kids as well..

It's not right, IMO...I see no benefit from it...Independence(on many levels) is probably the best life lesson a parent could ever give a child..

TFY

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

I let my both of my kids sleep with me as long as they wanted to, after the divorce. They used to take turns. I have a son and a daughter. Both of them "got over it" before they turned 13. I don't regret it at all. We didn't cuddle all night long or anything. They just liked sleeping with me, fully clothed, in my king-sized bed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
Eternal Sunshine

My last ex did this with his 8 yo daughter. I don't think he meant anything bad by it, but it was just one more thing to gross me out. He had poor boundaries in general.

• Like 1
It's his daughter, not hers.

Well, she shouldn't be sleeping with her nude father. I mean, if it's a one-time thing because she's scared, like a bad thunderstorm or something, fine, but not regularly! It's usually the father or other relative who molests children.

That was an interesting read.

I liked this

“the eldest daughter next to the wall farthest from the door, then all the sisters according to their ages, next the mother, father, and sons in succession, and then the strangers, whether the traveling peddler or tailor or beggar.”

This set-up ensured that females were insulated from any intruders, and that the males were closest to the door for protection.

• Like 1

I’m a naturist and all for being naked whenever it is appropriate, I encourage children to be aware and accepting of our bodies.

This does NOT include sleeping naked with children, especially other people’s children... I think that’s pretty shocking.

Be wary!