Christmas gift... cutting my dad off.

foxy418

My dad has a good heart but has many issues because of his childhood. I believe he also has aspergers, and has no social skills. He has zero friends and problems with almost everyone on a daily basis. Sometimes he acts like a 5 year old boy. Other times he thinks its funny to hurt someones feelings.

15 years ago I cut my dad out of my life for a year. I stopped answering his calls etc. Mainly because he would yell at me and be mean. I hated him so much that i just had enough.

Since then he has gotten better with me and even though he would sometimes say mean things, i was the one that had the most patience with him.

Fast forward 15 years, i am married with kids and living in a different country than my parents. I have not seen my dad in 1 year so.him and my mum decided to come to spend 3 weeks with me. The first week was ok but the next week things got bad.

He was mean to my mum and i defended her, and he stopped talking to the both of us. Its been 5 days now. And i even tried to talk to him and make things better but he acts like im invisable.

I am so embarrased because my husband is seeing how he is.

He has ruined my entire week and is still continuing to do so. Tomorrow is christmas and im pretty sure i want it to be the last christmas with him. The hate i felt 15 years ago has come back.

I do not understand how my mum stays with him, shes 100% financially dependant on him so thats the OnLy reason i can think of. He makes her cry so much, he disrespects her and she lets it. He ruined her if anything.

Now the only diffwrence now is that i have children and he is close with them. If i cut him off he will be cut off from them. My mum wills suffer too because of this.

What should i do???

He acts this way because it is allowed. Sit him down and politely tell him to knock it off or risk never getting another invitation to see his grandchildren. I bet he’ll straighten up his act.Your mother has allowed it to long, but you can make him behave in your house.

Edited by Mrschaney