Oldest daughter's estranged husband ticks me off

AlexMG

My oldest daughter Allison's estranged husband ticks me off.She is 21 and he is 23,were married for 2 years in the middle of a divorce.She caught him cheating on her with an ex friend of hers.He blames me for all this and I did not cause it.I had no part of this and kept my nose out of it.We had an argument over this 3 times and he calls me a liar.Cops were called out Thursday night with him arrested,slapped me in the face.Luckily Allison is behind me and knows I had no part of this.Where he got the info from is a couple worthless friends of his backstabbing me.We used to get along until last year when he started to treat Allison wrong.What should I do.I have been through a lot since my late husband's death and he has put me through lot of stress which he needs to stop doing.

I just hope she continues with the divorce and doesn't have kids so this can be the end of it. People who aren't getting their way often try to blame family and friends for why someone won't reunite with them. It can get dangerous. You were absolutely right to call police. Now you can get a restraining order if needed and get his butt thrown in jail if he comes around again. Him cheating is his own fault, obviously. He just thought he could get away with it and keep your daughter too. I sure hope he's wrong about that and clears him out of her life for good.

• Author

Luckily Allison no kids with him.Cop did talk me about a restraining order and he will be charged with assault on me.Allison sees she deserves better.

Allison sees she deserves better.

Divorce and separation is not always a straight line and you may find she gets back together with him at some point.

Support your daughter but do your best to stay out of her marriage, not easy under these circumstances. Hope things resolve quickly...

Mr. Lucky

Restraining order. Make certain you are nowhere that he might happen to be. He certainly has no business coming to your residence.

It's her issue, not yours. Be supportive, it's all you can do.