Irresponsible sister and her boyfriend are driving me insane! ?!

LovelyDoll206

LovelyDoll206

I live with my older brother for a while, and so does my sister and her boyfriend. They moved in in June of this year. Every single week and every single month since they've been here they have been running into mishaps. But these mishaps are turning into being just plain irresponsible and careless. Every week or every other week my sister comes to me to borrow money (they always pay me back though), but they are always low on money due to carelessness and terrible priorities such as weed, eating out a lot and joyriding in their car which wastes a lot of gas, and recently got a new stereo system in their car which they don't need! They have a BMW in the care of a family mechanic since February because they cannot afford to pay for the fixes, they are also paying on that car which is over $300 but they haven't driven it since February! They recently bought a car from my brother and for some reason my sister didn't understand the math because I had to end up fronting them their rent money to get caught up on their car payment they owe my brother, which landed them back at $0 in an instant.

Recently, her boyfriend dropped their only phone they shared because her phone got stolen from their car window being down. So the only phone they had is shattered and currently not in service because the line is suspended. So now they both use a phone from her boyfriend's work that is borrowed for the time being. There has been many incoviences through the months we have been living together. The next huge is they have been parking in a space at the apartment that clearly says "NO PARKING", there has been a notice, and proper warning to ALL residents. They went out today to find out their car has been towed after MONTHS of parking in a space they KNOW they aren't supposed to be parked in. They are upset and shocked thinking it would never happen. It cost $380 to get it out before Saturday, my sister said she would pay me back. But honestly I'm just tired of them being so careless and extremely irresponsible. It's getting ridiculous now. What should I do?

tr;dl: My sister and her boyfriend act irresponsible and careless. I always help them out and give advice but they go against it anyway. Tonight was the last straw. Should I help them? Or let them figure it out?

The answer is obvious. I mean, no one has a magic wand, so you know what you need to do, which is tell them "no more lending them money." You don't need to worry about how foolish they are. Just tell them right now, I can't lend you any more money because if i do, I'm going to feel like you're my children and that I can point out the mistakes you make." Tell them no!!

• Like 1

They moved in in June of this year. Every single week and every single month since they've been here they have been running into mishaps. ...

They have a BMW in the care of a family mechanic since February because they cannot afford to pay for the fixes, they are also paying on that car which is over $300 but they haven't driven it since February! ...

They recently bought a car from my brother and for some reason my sister didn't understand the math because I had to end up fronting them their rent money to get caught up on their car payment ...

So the only phone they had is shattered and currently not in service because the line is suspended....

The next huge is they have been parking in a space at the apartment that clearly says "NO PARKING", there has been a notice, and proper warning to ALL residents. They went out today to find out their car has been towed after MONTHS of parking in a space they KNOW they aren't supposed to be parked in.

Any and all of the above is only your problem to the degree you make it so.

Tell them today you're saving for the future (hopefully true) so no more loans. And you're giving them advance notice so they have time to make other financial arrangements...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2