Any of you have a toxic mother in law?

InsensitiveWife

InsensitiveWife

Me and her mother are not having a good relationship for many years, Me and my living partner now have a own house. because she is so annoying and insecure and dont like me if no purpose from her benefits even we are far away from them she is the most annoying.. even i dont like her or like her my wife put her mother picture in the sala in my house.. all my relatives and family have a respect and never do that things from my experience they have a old album and keep it.. wife getting mad and insensitive before act she rebut. She has a bad past which make her more insensitive and forcing everything to put her mother in my brain im working and thinking many things. I talk to her yesterday before.. but I think she need another hint.. this is not the happiest relationship if you have a wife and mother in law like this. We have so many problems because of her and makes me stress im always the bad guy because she is insensitive.. I hope they gets her many friends and her father do something about her own wife. Im jealous also because my wife not love me 100%.. if not im good in money or purpose from wife.. my wife will leave me.. if there is no mother in law... me and my wife and kids are happy and can focus in happy life.

Sorry not good in english

Try to ignore your mother in law. Do not ask your wife to ignore her own mother but do talk to your wife about the importance of putting you, her husband, and your children above her family of origin (her parents0. When you have to deal with the mother in law, be kind & gracious. Don't give her a legitimate reason to complain. If your wife sees her complaining about nonsense that should ruin the mother in law's credibility.

• Like 1
  • Author
InsensitiveWife

Even I ignore them my wife is too much forcing me to get along with her for there satisfaction after they get there satisfaction they want a repeat or another satisfaction in life.. darn im a man not a woman most of my friends are happy dont have clingy mother in law. And a wife who is always choosing side than his husband to make her mother happy go lucky life. Sometimes me and wife hide are dating and happiness from them. I feel they dont want wife and me to be happy in this situation. Tsk3

Your wife is allowing her to do these annoying things. You have to always be polite to her mother, but you have a right to ask for rules about how often she visits, etc. Your wife should put you ahead of her mother, but that doesn't mean not talking to her mother. But she should stand up. If she doesn't stand up to her after you have talked to her and told her in marriage, the partners come first in consideration, then you do have a right to stand up for yourself, but it will cause more problems. What is the relationship like with father in law? Could you talk to him at all about this if your wife won't fix it? He surely knows how his wife is.

You said she is living far away, how is she being annoying? Give us examples.

I think you are going a bit overboard when you ask your partner to not put up pictures of her mother because you don't like her.

Your wife needs to put you first. My wife has a sister like this - always causing problems with the family with her actions, her mouth, and her mooching. Her own family can't stand her (and her own kids know how she is), and yet my wife feels like she needs to defend her, to the point where she'll side with her sister over me (for example, when her sister wants to "borrow" money). Needless to say, this has caused issues. She thinks that giving her sister what she wants will avoid problems when all that does is enable her.

You need to have a chat with your wife ASAP and put your foot down.