My mom uses the money i give her for other bills

Devencianna

Devencianna

My mom takes the money that i give her for my bills to use on household bills. I live in a three bedroom house with 11 other people. Out of 11 of us only me (21 years old and my dad 52 years old) are working. I have a 23,19,18 year old brother and sisters who don’t work anywhere. I sleep on a couch. My older sister has one bedroom. My grandmother has another bedroom and my mom and dad shares one room.

I help with bills all the time because it’s so many people who lives with us. But last year i saved $3,000 and bought my first car and because i didn’t have a lot of credit my mom co-signed and she told me should would put $2500 down for me for me car and that i could keep the other $500 in my savings

I purchased a $5000 car and on my history it says i owe $4,788 and the dealership told me the $2500 was never put down they have no history of any money being out down

Then a few weeks ago i have her $215 for the cable bill and she never put that money on the bill now the bill is $450 because last months bill was never paid

And in February she needed my income tax money and she hasn’t given that back yet because the bills got so high in the houses

• Author
Devencianna
Then stop giving her money & pay the bills directly yourself.

I only gave her cash because i lost my CC and the bill was due in two days ... now she’s upset with me because she thinks i tried to say she stole my money

I only gave her cash because i lost my CC and the bill was due in two days ... now she’s upset with me because she thinks i tried to say she stole my money

When you report a lost credit card they will send a new one priority mail and you get it the next day or at most 2 days later.

You need to keep better track as to how the money you give other people on your behalf is being spent. For example the $2500 downpayment on the car. Easy enough to confirm it by checking the contract and receipt that is provided by the dealer. By now you should know you cannot take your mom's word at anything so why continue to do so?

Apologize for accusing her (even though you seem to have every right to be suspicious).

Open a checking account.

You could also have given her a money order.

Going forward either pay your own bills on line or give mom checks &/or money orders payable to specific vendors. Do not give her cash.

• Like 1

You're not getting a fair shake there. Your mom needs to work and your grown siblings need to work -- and who's working is who gets their own bed. You're making enough money to move out on your own. Your mother seems to be possibly taking advantage of you. You've been a nice daughter and helped out like you should for living there, but no one else is, including your mother. So time to move out and save your own money. I advise because you said you may have an absence of credit or problems, maybe just move in with someone who already has a place and don't get on the lease, which leaves you free to move if you don't like it. I know young people manage to get apartments without good credit because they're young, so I think you will too - IF your mother hasn't done something to ruin YOUR credit, which it kind of sounds like. I mean, why has she got credit if she's not working? None my business. Anyway, time to support yourself and you alone. Once you move out, don't send her money or anyone else in the family. It always goes wrong.

• Like 1

(If u have a bank account.)

I would have called and paid the bill over the phone using the checking account

nittygritty

Was the car repossessed?

What does your Dad have to say about this?

Your mom should explain what she has done with the money. You are 21, you need to figure out how you can move out. Do you have friends to move in with?

I have a 23,19,18 year old brother and sisters who don’t work anywhere.

Devencianna, why is this?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
Devencianna
Devencianna, why is this?

Mr. Lucky

The 19 year old was trying to get a job but the 23,and 18 year old doesn’t even put a job application in... I’m not sure why my mother and father don’t push any of us to work

• Author
Devencianna
Was the car repossessed?

What does your Dad have to say about this?

Your mom should explain what she has done with the money. You are 21, you need to figure out how you can move out. Do you have friends to move in with?

I don’t think my dad knows i help with the bills he tells me I’m not doing enough

Just work full time and move out!

Stop giving them any money.

Pay a friend to live on a sofa somewhere for a while.

Why don't the other older siblings work?

Is there alcohol/drug use in the home?

• Like 1
Just work full time and move out!

Stop giving them any money.

Pay a friend to live on a sofa somewhere for a while.

Why don't the other older siblings work?

Is there alcohol/drug use in the home?

I honestly don’t know why they don’t work and no there aren’t any drug abuse or alcohol