The most devastating thing about my father

MissCongeniality

MissCongeniality

So this is regarding my father the most abusive bastard I have ever met the man I despise completely. I hate how my father has never once denied or gas lighted his behavior he's completely unapologetic and a total sociopath. So I was in the theater with my kids we were watching Infinity War and spoilers in case you haven't seen it. Okay you were warned this one scene with Gamora really got me and it just reminded me of my relationship with my father and how he is.

It's been messing with my head. The thing about my father is he's an abuser of the worst kind and I have this memory where one of my children needed a blood transfusion and I learned he was a match and I went on this rant about how he would never do anything to save any of his own kids much less his grand children because he loves no one and then he just gave his blood.

He didn't hear my rant or anything he just did it he got himself tested and he didn't give a reason or anything I even asked him why and he never answered and it's screws with my head to this day. He's never held it over my head or anything like he usually does and I oddly hate him more for it. I hate that he's not a complete monster it was completely devastating realizing he does love his kids in his own sick demented way.

I mean why can't he be just a monster?

Thor of Love

There is a simple advice I can give you:

If you dislike someone then just abandon him forever, yes even your father. You will find your inner peace then.

My father was terrible as well, I never bothered asking why he is that way, I just left him and abandoned him forever, I haven't seen him since I was 11 years old and do you know what? I don't even care, I don't believe people love others in a strange sick way, if you love someone then you don't treat him like trash.

Everytime he tried to enter into my life again asking for forgiveness, I just abused him and sent him away, nothing of value was lost. I would never allow such a monster anywhere close to my kids if i ever have, I would warn my kids to avoid him and I would also take measures to prevent him getting close.

Never justify a bad act against you even if it's from your own father, parents aren't saints, always respond aggresively to such behavior, the more space you give them to act like this then the worse they will become, so it's also your responsibility that your father behaves like this, if you was a bit more harsh to him then he would probably change. I don't like violence but sometimes it's neccesary to turn an ugly situation into a good one, that's what my relationship with my parents tells me.

Edited by Thor of Love

Well, on the blood, we'll never know if he was pressured into it and feared losing something so he gave in or whether he had one shred of decency, but anyway, you praise good behavior to encourage it, not act ungrateful. He probably is either narcissistic or sociopathic. But even those people can view their offspring as their possessions and sometimes be protective, for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1
  • Author
MissCongeniality
Well, on the blood, we'll never know if he was pressured into it and feared losing something so he gave in or whether he had one shred of decency, but anyway, you praise good behavior to encourage it, not act ungrateful. He probably is either narcissistic or sociopathic. But even those people can view their offspring as their possessions and sometimes be protective, for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah I think that's probably what his motive was.

• Like 1