My uncle's foreign bride is so mean

My uncle is a very nice and generous guy and he recently got married secretly. About a week ago, we met his foreign bride for the first time and she seemed really nice at first. But 2 days ago, I overheard her talking to my uncle and she was very mean to him. They were arguing and she said some really insulting things about our family. I want to confront my uncle and convince him that his wife is a witch. But how can I do that properly? How do I approach a middle-aged dude about his unpleasant wife?

CautiouslyOptimistic
My uncle is a very nice and generous guy and he recently got married secretly. About a week ago, we met his foreign bride for the first time and she seemed really nice at first. But 2 days ago, I overheard her talking to my uncle and she was very mean to him. They were arguing and she said some really insulting things about our family. I want to confront my uncle and convince him that his wife is a witch. But how can I do that properly? How do I approach a middle-aged dude about his unpleasant wife?

You don't. He knows.

:(

you can send a strong message by avoiding her like the plague

• Like 1
Miss Clavel

i'd approach, his bank. and his lawyer. at this point, in most states, she will get everything.

mrs rubble

If you overhear anything like that again, confront her! I would be defending my family if I heard someone dissing them.

Stay out of it. It's not your marriage.

Nobody says nice things during a fight. You don't know it wasn't the heat of the moment or that you were taking things out of context. The fact that you call her his "foreign bride" in your post tells me people in your family may be unfairly discriminating against her which is what is causing her to be defensive.

If your uncle comes to you for marital advice feel free to share your opinion but do not do so unsolicited.

• Like 4

Nobody says nice things during a fight. You don't know it wasn't the heat of the moment or that you were taking things out of context. The fact that you call her his "foreign bride" in your post tells me people in your family may be unfairly discriminating against her which is what is causing her to be defensive.

If your uncle comes to you for marital advice feel free to share your opinion but do not do so unsolicited.

Exactly! Their marriage and their fights are 100% not your business. The next time you start to overhear an argument, instead of eavesdropping, walk away somewhere that makes it impossible to hear them or put on some headphones and listen to music or something. Do not involve yourself in other people's marriages. Do not say anything to your uncle. He hasn't asked for your opinion and he certainly isn't going to run out and divorce his wife just based on what you think of her. If has made a mistake in marrying this woman then he will figure that out on his own.

• Like 2

This is pretty much it.

The uncle is an adult, and he made an adult choice. He will have to decide whether the marriage was a good choice or a mistake. OP, the only thing you can do is offer support and be there if he wants your input.

• Like 1