Dinner with my brother from another mother - my SISTER?!?!

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I had a lightening fast visit from my brother from another mother who was in town for a funeral. He sent a text last night saying he was coming to Northeast Ohio (where I live) to a family funeral. He picked me up and we went for Mexican food. He's had a hard year, both his parents died and he's clashing with his ex wife. He asked how my family is doing (Mom, Dad and my sister). I said my sister is doing pretty well - she's a doctor / surgeon and she works at a hospital, she has a bf last I heard (I met the guy at Thanksgiving and he seemed decent). He said "We have a history you don't know about, me and your sister."

I stopped. What? We have a history. I said "What does that mean?" He said ten years ago when she first moved to Michigan for medical school they got together. I said I remembered she said something about that ... But, you mean TOGETHER?! He said "Yes." You mean, you and her did IT?!?!????!!! He said yes. I just about fell off my chair. I decided not to ask any more questions. It was ten years ago, they're both adults, they don't talk anymore. You DID?!?!?!?!?!!! I said "Were you out drinking?!" He said yes and they did it in the car. Oh. My. GOD.

I felt like Stiffler in the American Pie movies when he found out one of the buddies was doing his mom. What?! How did I not know about this?!?!? Why did he TELL me this?!?! I'm in shock. All I could say was "I have to call my friend Regina from my college years and make restitution for sleeping with her brother!" Then we couldn't stop laughing for twenty minutes.

Talk about shocking!

• Author
mortensorchid

And to follow up, I slept on it and I'm okay with the fact that they did what they did. I have no idea why he would lie to me about something like that.

But I called my first lover and told him about this and how I had to contact his sister to apologize. He said his other sister he found out had hooked up with one of his friends many years after the fact. It's a tangled web we weave.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Sorry, not following. Is he literally your brother from another mother who slept with your sister? Or are you using that term as slang?

• Author
mortensorchid
Sorry, not following. Is he literally your brother from another mother who slept with your sister? Or are you using that term as slang?

Literally.