LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Family dating an inmate

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2018, 10:21 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya1289 View Post
I am older, she is in her mid 20ís. My mother is aware but my little sister has a long rap sheet. I feel my mother is over her and refuses to fight her on it. I have lost hope she will come to her senses. She has made many poor life decisions and continues to do them. She will have to learn the hard way. I think this is the end of my rope with her as well. She has done many things to me and while this has nothing to do with me, having to leave my family home, hurts.
I kinda feel your pain. I'm older than my sister as well. For whatever reason, she couldn't get her life together and I ended up giving her the boot. She ends up with one bad girlfriend after another, never living in the same place more than a few months. Ultimately, you have to realize that her choices aren't your responsibility. She's an adult, and has the right to screw up her own life now.
Old 19th February 2018, 12:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_merrick View Post
I kinda feel your pain. I'm older than my sister as well. For whatever reason, she couldn't get her life together and I ended up giving her the boot. She ends up with one bad girlfriend after another, never living in the same place more than a few months. Ultimately, you have to realize that her choices aren't your responsibility. She's an adult, and has the right to screw up her own life now.
Sigh. You are correct. Iíll be 30 in a few months and I have my own mistakes I am currently learning & growing from. She will learn like we all do, sooner rather than later. Hope your sis gets her stuff together too ! Maybe ...
yaya1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 4:13 AM   #18
Established Member

Location: Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell
Tell your sister you think she's making a mistake but that if things go bad you'll be there for her.
MissCongeniality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 8:11 AM   #19
Established Member

tell her, sit her down, look her in the eye and tell her...

..."as your sister and friend of many years, i'm telling you, this will not end how you think, this will never go where you want. and after it's over i'd like to think that i could say, "i'll be there to help you pick up the pieces", but i cant...the fact that you can take him over me is so painful to me, on top of having to move out, i'm in panic mode with only enough emotional strength to protect my kids. you're on your own in this dangerous ill conceived relationship with a criminal".