LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Did I objectify my wife?

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2018, 10:19 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullenbohannon View Post
All this talk about wives ass's, makes me want to go home and start doing some "objectifying".
:bunny :
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 2:01 AM   #47

People are constantly saying what they think the opposite gender wants to hear. This guy just over-shot.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 2:10 PM   #48
Established Member

I agree with the others. Maybe he is jealous, envious.
LuckyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 3:41 PM   #49
Established Member

I think it is because he goes out of his way to be the man society says men should be and it ends up blowing up in his face while I am the man I want to be and I have the kind of marriage most men can only dream of. My friends say I have the
life he wants and I didn't have to toe the line to get it.
Old 19th February 2018, 8:20 AM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
I don't even know why he did it. His wife doesn't believe in this crap and neither does my wife so who is he trying to impress? Who does he want to give him a pat on the head for being a good ally? I used to feel bad for him because it is obvious his wife is no longer attracted to him but if this is how he is who can blame her?
not sure. but i'm taking exception, with what you said. you can love your wife and everything about her, and crow to the treetops about it.

however, imo, you're trying to take credit for what she is. as tho you had a hand in it, almost like you feel you are somehow made better by owning her?

p.s. his wife is not his fault. and sure as the sun shines, the perfect way to ruin your relationship with anyone is to gossip, compare and criticize.
Old 19th February 2018, 11:39 AM   #51
Established Member

You sound fine to me, m8. People will always find a reason to make others look like the bad guy. I hate it.
Old 19th February 2018, 12:08 PM   #52
Established Member

Quote:
Just look at any comment section or twitter feed. Those comments aren't writing themselves. There are many people who think like this.
The internet is generally not a good indicator of real life, perhaps because it's usually a few people doing all the posting and they probably don't get out much. For one thing, I've never heard anyone talk about "red pill" or "MGTOW" crap IRL either, but you'd never think that from reading comments on the internet!

So... you DID meet this guy IRL, right? This isn't some chatroom thing?
Old 19th February 2018, 2:15 PM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
The internet is generally not a good indicator of real life, perhaps because it's usually a few people doing all the posting and they probably don't get out much. For one thing, I've never heard anyone talk about "red pill" or "MGTOW" crap IRL either, but you'd never think that from reading comments on the internet!

So... you DID meet this guy IRL, right? This isn't some chatroom thing?
He could is married to my wife's sister so yes v I have know him.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 3:44 PM   #54
Established Member

Quote:
I think it is because he goes out of his way to be the man society says men should be and it ends up blowing up in his face while I am the man I want to be and I have the kind of marriage most men can only dream of. My friends say I have the
life he wants and I didn't have to toe the line to get it.
Eh, his comment was a tad ridiculous but this sort of exchange between in laws usually doesn't exist in a vacuum. Is it possible that he's picked up on your rather negative opinion of him, his marriage, and your perceptions of women other than your spouse?
O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 8:05 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Malley View Post
Eh, his comment was a tad ridiculous but this sort of exchange between in laws usually doesn't exist in a vacuum. Is it possible that he's picked up on your rather negative opinion of him, his marriage, and your perceptions of women other than your spouse?
We actually got along at first and I used to sympathize with him when it came to his marriage. I was on his side but when your wife is pretty much begging you to be a man and your interested in self flagellation and acting like you are better than other men to impress god knows who then you can only have so much pity. I show respect towards anybody no matter who they are until they show disrespect towards me. This being said if he wanted advice on how to get back his wife's respect and attraction I would help him but I doubt he would take it.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote