LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Did I objectify my wife?


Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree78Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2018, 11:19 PM   #16
Established Member
 
Woggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Santa Monica California
Posts: 28,375
The funny thing is that I had two women agreeing with me. He is trying to be the savior they never asked for.
__________________
You know people have completely lost it when you can no longer tell the difference between real headlines and Onion headlines.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 11:22 PM   #17
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
The funny thing is that I had two women agreeing with me. He is trying to be the savior they never asked for.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 11:23 PM   #18
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,976
I'd even go so far to wonder if this guy is jealous of you for your wife, and is (pathetically) trying to White Knight his way into your wife's heart. In his mind he may have been 'standing up for' your wife against her Neanderthal husband who actually deigned to call her 'hot'.

What a douche!
__________________
You'll thank me for saying that later.
Imajerk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 11:25 PM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
The funny thing is that I had two women agreeing with me. He is trying to be the savior they never asked for.
Ironically, your BIL doesn't even realize how patronizing it is to treat women like we can't possibly know when to be offended!
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 11:40 PM   #20
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,885
Hi woggle, guess you rubbed salt on his open wounds without realizing it. The fact is that not only did you say your wife was hot but also that she was intelligent and overall a good person. Your BIL just latched on to one aspect of your comment and twisted it out of context. I think any wife would be proud to hear her husband describe her as you did because she ticks all the right boxes especially for the one person who matters most to her! Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 12:26 AM   #21
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,699
i'm glad you see your wife as hot.... im glad you hit the trifecta ....you know in your heart what you meant......god made women to be loved......and appreciated and the female body to attract a mans hopes and desire...every wife wants their husband to find them hot....and only them or you might have trouble there woggle if it were other women...you found hot...and not your wife........


the only opinion really that matters or should matter to you is your wife's opinion...that is the one you value and hold close........this guy has issues that arent of concern to you, your wife or your marriage.....

objectifying a woman... treating her like meat.....would be if you said when i see my wifes ass i remember that's why i married her.....

keep on being you.....and love your wife..as you do..and keep doin it even when you have push her wheel chair and kiss the wrinkles in thirty to fifty years....you keep telling her she is as hot as the day you met her......and mean it.........deb
__________________
in the ache of night,luminous prayers take fragile flight,
somewhere between battalions of warring sins,
there exists hope and love for peace begins...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 2:09 AM   #22
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
when i see my wifes ass i remember that's why i married her.....
Is it objectifying if that's PART of the reason? I hope not.
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 2:21 AM   #23
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
My sister and brother in law were over and I got to talking about how lucky I am to be married to such a great woman. I said I hit the trifecta because I have she is hot, intelligent and an all around good person. He said it was disgusting that I talk about my wife like a piece of meat and that in this day and age men need to stop treating women like that and men like me are the reason for metoo. Both my wife and her sister who is his wife looked at him with a look that said shut the hell up. My wife stepped in and said she likes that I see her that way and her sister said at least she is married to man that acts like he is attracted to her. Both the women had my back. Who was right or wrong in this situation?
You did nothing wrong. You married the whole package and are proud of your wife!

Your brother in law needs to take the pickle out of his butt and loosen up.

What counts is what you and your wife think, not anybody else.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 3:21 AM   #24
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullenbohannon View Post
Is it objectifying if that's PART of the reason? I hope not.

for me personally if you voice your wife's ass as being the major reason to others for marrying your wife.... for sure...yes it is objectifying..it degrades her ...
Quote:
women should mean more to a man.... more than just a sum of their body parts.....
you should appreciate the whole women....which i think woggle does because he mentioned trifecta....then when those looks fade his attraction wont....because his attraction is based on more than just her body.....deb

ps as i thought.... checked out what objectification meant and what i have highlighted above is true ......heres the definition of objectifying.....and woggle didnt do that.....

Quote:
Sexual objectification is the act of treating a person as a mere object of sexual desire. Objectification more broadly means treating a person as a commodity or an object without regard to their personality or dignity.

Last edited by todreaminblue; 13th February 2018 at 3:24 AM..
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 6:13 AM   #25
Established Member
 
Woggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Santa Monica California
Posts: 28,375
I asked my wife if she was offended and she laughed and said of course not. She couldn't imagine living with a guy like that.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 7:12 AM   #26
Established Member
 
waterwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South West England
Posts: 2,074
Perhaps it was meant as a joke?

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.
waterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 8:17 AM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwoman View Post
Perhaps it was meant as a joke?

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.
The issue is that he is taking his beliefs and projecting them on others.

If the OP backhanded his wife and told her to fix him a sandwich then the guy might have some cause for concern. But he was paying a genuine compliment which his wife appreciated. Yet, the BIL has to thrust his beliefs on all parties concerned regardless how they felt about it.

(Most) Men find women attractive. Itís this PC crap that has made some afraid to admit it, and a percentage like this guy who have taken it to mean something offensive.

Sounds like the OP kept his mouth shut about the BIL when his sister married him. Perhaps the BIL should return the favor.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 8:33 AM   #28
Established Member
 
donotmicrowave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 120
I'm just going to smoothly interrupt and say that I'm nowhere near marriage myself (a 19 year old fool here), but I know I'd be thrilled if my "future husband" openly expressed his attraction for me like that.

Just my 2 cents!
donotmicrowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 9:45 AM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
My sister and brother in law were over and I got to talking about how lucky I am to be married to such a great woman. I said I hit the trifecta because I have she is hot, intelligent and an all around good person. He said it was disgusting that I talk about my wife like a piece of meat and that in this day and age men need to stop treating women like that and men like me are the reason for metoo. Both my wife and her sister who is his wife looked at him with a look that said shut the hell up. My wife stepped in and said she likes that I see her that way and her sister said at least she is married to man that acts like he is attracted to her. Both the women had my back. Who was right or wrong in this situation?
What is missing to the reader is the context of where, when, why, what,
who, was said about the wife.

So when cannot know how inappropriate if anything was said.

We also do not know if the brother out law is a traditional values
man or a metrosexual neutered kool-aid drinking liberal new wave
man.

Though we can poke fun.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 9:46 AM   #30
Established Member
 
BluesPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,982
He is a wimp Water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwoman View Post
Perhaps it was meant as a joke?

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.
He is a wimp Water... those progressive, PC, Social justice crap is just what makes all the women on here that complain about their beta husbands have beta husbands in the first place. Wimpy men are worthless.

Their is no such thing a social justice. You want social justice, get a job.

You don't want to be sexually harassed, knee him in the nuts.
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wife giving me the silent treatment over Ex-Wife Lovemywife22 Marriage & Life Partnerships 64 10th January 2017 6:44 PM
Dealing with invisible boundary line between wife & ex-wife combri Marriage & Life Partnerships 27 9th December 2016 7:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 6:53 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.