LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Change privacy of photos that relative posted publicly on her facebook? How to ask?

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2018, 6:53 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
I can't control if someone else chooses to post a photo I'm in on their own Facebook page.
A reality in this digital age. The only was to stop these photos is to avoid any gathering at which they might be taken.

Your reaction still seems a little over the top...

Mr. Lucky
Old 28th January 2018, 3:33 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
Hi guys, I'm in desperate need of advice on how to properly and nicely ask a close family older relative of my SO to change the privacy of our photos together that she posted publicly on her facebook account. I don't want to make her feel bad or anything as she has been very nice and very sweet to me for the past 6 years but I am very uncomfortable having any photos of myself available for the public to view or download. I have former friends and cousins who have habits of downloading my photos and again, I'm not comfortable with that but I'm clueless on how to let them know without sounding weird to them or offend them because they are proud that they are with me that they post them publicly and they may think that I'm not.

Please help me construct the right words to say. Thank you!
Tell them the truth like what said in the bolded and I'm betting they will no longer post pictures of you or at least change the settings to friends only.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote