Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Familial > Family

Uncle's wife refuses to call me by my right name.

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree24Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2018, 9:01 PM   #16
Established Member
amaysngrace's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 23,772
Call her D for d bag
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 4:57 PM   #17
Established Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 54
Either call her a stupid nickname or ignore her completely! Walk away as if she said nothing. She is doing this deliberately to annoy and needle you. My mother called her nephew his original name all his life, long after he changed it. I don't know why.
She wants to get a reaction out of you--that's her payoff.
Plan A---The least thing is to ignore her! The more aggresive approach is to annoy her in return--that's the last resort if plan A doesn't work.
LuckyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 5:21 PM   #18
Established Member
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,821
Originally Posted by Mrin View Post
Start calling her "Petina". #justjack
This. Make up your own name to call her and like Gertrude. When she calls you Anna (example) say "yes Gertrude". She'll get sick of it.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seperated after affair, wife swears NC but refuses to prove it phineas Separation and Divorce 37 11th July 2009 4:12 PM
Wife refuses to cut apron strings BKLovesWho Family 5 28th December 2008 9:10 AM
Wife Refuses To Leave! ciups Separation and Divorce 10 21st September 2004 7:30 PM
My uncle is cheating his wife fadi20 General Relationship Discussion 2 18th September 2004 3:35 AM
Can I sue my soon to be ex wife and her uncle for putting me through torture??? ChicagoMan Separation and Divorce 1 7th October 2003 1:15 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:33 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.

Copyright © 1997-2018 All Rights Reserved.