gift ideas for housebound brother

darkmoon

He is in a wheel-chair. His birthday is coming up. I thought of a chess computer, but want a few ideas so that I get him something really good. Help! Thanks.

Why is he physically housebound? (I'm not asking about his diagnosis just the reason he's stuck) If getting him in & out of the house is the difficult part & budget allows I would think the best gift would be to have ramps installed so he can come & go as he pleases.

I wouldn't get a computer limited to chess but would make sure he had a computer set up to interact with others.

Can you get him a home made "coupon" book of things you will do for / with him like take him to wheelchair basketball games or some other activity where he can be more free? How about a gift certificate to one of those places where wheelchair people can go horseback riding? I saw something else with special skydiving packages. Check out this page: Accessible Travel Info - Trip Ideas & Travel Advice - Wheelchair Traveling

On a more pedestrian scale how about a voice activated computer . . .Alexis or Siri?

• Like 1

housekeeper, meal delivery, subscriptions to tv things he can't afford otherwise, Amazon Prime member ship, Gift certificates to places that ship. If he has a pet, pay for monthly delivery (Target subscriptions) of pet food for a year.

whichwayisup
housekeeper, meal delivery, subscriptions to tv things he can't afford otherwise, Amazon Prime member ship, Gift certificates to places that ship. If he has a pet, pay for monthly delivery (Target subscriptions) of pet food for a year.

Or prepared food for him. I"m sure there's a company who makes home cooked meals.

Is he interested in photography or painting?

When I was shut in for 9 weeks years ago with a serious illness, my brother gave me a selection of really calming music that helped take me away in my mind from the physical distress of the respiratory illness I was battling.

So I think anything music is for most helpful very good for taking ones mind away from any physical or mental pain, loneliness etc

Not sure why i thought of this but when I was a kid our neighbor had a telescope in his backyard and I remember how cool that was-- looking up into the night sky at all the stars moon etc

That might not be an option probably those are expensive but it's just an idea