Incest?

jessbabe334

jessbabe334

Incest?

Here is my dilema. my mom just got married to a man she had been dating for a few years. i met his son while they were dating and ive had a crush on him since. he is currently 17 and i am 15. we had made out a few times before our parents were married, and we have seen each other naked, but never done anythign else. now that we are step-siblings, is it wrong for us to do anything?

Technically, I don't think it is first level incest (blood relations).

I won't lie in saying it does seem awkward.

If I could give any advice, tread VERY carefully. Because this could end up not working out between you two and you would be stuck with very awkward holiday moments for years on end. Plus you are just starting out in the love game at 15, is this a relationship you could see (I mean really see) going through high school, college, and beyond? Unless we are talking Romet and Juliet type love, I would keep him at bay and check out the other boys around.

I wouldn't say this is incest because you two are not genetically related and had started a romantic relationship of sorts prior to your mom marrying your guy of interest's father. I do see big potential for problems though if a relationship does not go smoothly. This isn't a case of your working at the same job or having classes with him, you live in the same house that he does. If any relationship you have with him doesn't go smoothly you could be in for a world of regret. :(

westernxer

Might as well just shag it out of your system.

That way you can resume a normal brother-sister relationship.

Unless you impregnate her...

bluetuesday

it's not incest to sleep with this guy.

but it IS statutory rape if you're only 15. at least it would be where i'm from.

and really, sleeping with him could make things extremely awkward in the future. this is a guy you're going to be forced to be around at family functions for the next 30 years. it's messy.

if you've got a crush on him and you act on it, think how you'll feel when he gets another girlfriend and you can't get away from the situation. you'll regret doing it.

i'd also imagine your parents would be uncomfortable were they to find out. if you're doing this behind their backs, question why that is.

take it from me. my brother (with whom i share both parents) propositioned me to have sex with him a few months ago. i said no. it has ruined our relationship. we were close, we no longer speak, we no longer meet alone and i feel extremely uncomfortable being around him and, by extension, my other brothers who've done nothing at all wrong.

if you can save yourself just a fraction of this sort of grief by steering clear, do it.

westernxer
Originally posted by bluetuesday

my brother (with whom i share both parents) propositioned me to have sex with him a few months ago. i said no. it has ruined our relationship. we were close, we no longer speak, we no longer meet alone and i feel extremely uncomfortable being around him and, by extension, my other brothers who've done nothing at all wrong.

What?! I hope this isn't common. I'm close to my sister, but the mere thought of it repulses me to the extreme. I can't even associate the word with her. Yuck!

Your brother needs to apologize... what a d.i.c.k.

RecordProducer

It's not incest, but it's not very smart of you two to have sex. The situation will be very awkward once the relationship is over. If you fall in love with him and he doesn't feel the same, you will suffer a lot. It's too early to search for the love of your life so relax. Your mom will be very mad if you mess up. It will jeopardize her relationship with her husband and she will consider it your fault.

If you're meant to be, you'll be together sooner or later. But better later than sooner.

westernxer

Reminds me of this French movie called "The Flower of Evil."

Highly recommended.

Sorry to zigzag here but, BlueTuesday - your brother's behavior is highly unacceptable and frightening. Do you live in the same house with your brother? (I have no idea how old you are....)

JessBabe - imagine how you would feel if/when you go out with a guy once or twice and then things get awkward (whether or not you've had sex with him) when you run into each other at school. Magnify that times a million. Don't get involved with your step-brother. It's not technically incest but it would be socially unacceptable (not that this should necessarily deter you, but...) and it would be unpleasant, awful, and sort of yukky for everyone...whether it worked out or not.

bluetuesday
Originally posted by kkat

Sorry to zigzag here but, BlueTuesday - your brother's behavior is highly unacceptable and frightening. Do you live in the same house with your brother? (I have no idea how old you are....)

we did share a house. he moved out at my insistence about a week later. i'm 33. he's 30.

It's not incest. I think whether it will be weird or not is only a thing you two know.

• 4 months later...

As I think it has become clear, it's not the act that is the problem, but distancing yourself from the person after the fact. For the same reason you should think extra hard about having a fling with a male roommate in the future as well. It's best to date people you don't already live, or work with. I dated a woman at my office once. Thankfully, she resigned her position to take another job and go to school soon after we were an item. This worked out a lot better when we broke up a year later. But she did leave my things under my desk when we broke up. Talk about an annoying work event! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Incest?

Here is my dilema. my mom just got married to a man she had been dating for a few years. i met his son while they were dating and ive had a crush on him since. he is currently 17 and i am 15. we had made out a few times before our parents were married, and we have seen each other naked, but never done anythign else. now that we are step-siblings, is it wrong for us to do anything?

No, it's not wrong. He isn't a part of your family genes, nor is his father. Have fun!