Accident and a death-what do I say in a card?

Mapper71

So this is a new one for me and not sure what to say in this card.

Last week my cousin, her husband and my aunt were in a bad car accident. My cousin, who is 70, ran a stop sign in a small town and a police car, probably going about 40mph on the main road, t-boned them. My aunt, who was 94, was killed, my cousin has a broken pelvis and some internal injuries, but will be okay and her husband has a broken neck. I am not very close with that side of the family and have seen them maybe twice in the past 10 years. However, I know I need to send a card to my cousin in the hospital, but what do I say? I mean I’m sure she feels horrible already that she caused the accident that killed her mother. And it’s kind of two fold because I’m sending her a card saying “sorry you’re in bad shape and in the hospital” and “sorry about the unexpected loss of your mother”…which you caused.

CautiouslyOptimistic

My standard is, "my thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming days, weeks and months."

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
Just don't say "well she's in a better place". Man that always hocks me off!

Or "heaven needed another angel!" grrrrrr

whichwayisup
So this is a new one for me and not sure what to say in this card.

Last week my cousin, her husband and my aunt were in a bad car accident. My cousin, who is 70, ran a stop sign in a small town and a police car, probably going about 40mph on the main road, t-boned them. My aunt, who was 94, was killed, my cousin has a broken pelvis and some internal injuries, but will be okay and her husband has a broken neck. I am not very close with that side of the family and have seen them maybe twice in the past 10 years. However, I know I need to send a card to my cousin in the hospital, but what do I say? I mean I’m sure she feels horrible already that she caused the accident that killed her mother. And it’s kind of two fold because I’m sending her a card saying “sorry you’re in bad shape and in the hospital” and “sorry about the unexpected loss of your mother”…which you caused.

"I'm sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family."

That's it.

• Like 1

i never know what to say either. i usually just go with that, that i don't know what to say.

"i can't think of anything i can say that will make this better. please know that i love all of you and i'm here if you need me. please let me know if i can do anything, anything at all".