BAby shower Thank you's

My baby is shower is the 1st week of June, and my b/f mom will be out of state for the shower, so before she left she let me pick out baby furniture and furnished the baby's entire room. She spent like 2K on furniture, PLUS bought my son furniture and a bunch of new stuff so he wouldn't feel left out and it isn't even her grandson.

Granted my b/f faimly is COMPLETELY LOADED, I wanted to do something really nice to say Thank you but in this situation I really don't know what is approiprate, I do want to give more than a card but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions?

Holy cripes! Loaded or not, that was very thoughtful of her to get something for your son. Money doesn't buy class, which is something this woman has.

I would suggest, along with having her over for dinner, writing her a beautiful letter and having flowers delivered to her.

Illusion24

You are giving them a grandson...! :)

That's a gift on it's own, but maybe a nice Wine Basket with nice things inside is simple and elegant, not to out their...But let me tell others would kill to have a mother-in-law like that...Thank God everyday you're very lucky..Good Luck with your new family

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by NeverSayNever

Excatly NSN!!!

Stone~ do not fret too much about it. a card is enough for now and one from your son too, and of course saying thank you's. But, knowing this lady she will have some say later on, post birth, and use this gift as her foot hold. :rolleyes: But, hopefully not, and it was genuine.

But with any of your thank yous, you are having a baby and going to be extremely tired, busy and probably short on cash.....so if any one expects more than a card, at this point, tell them the scram!

blind_otter

That's a gift on it's own, but maybe a nice Wine Basket with nice things inside is simple and elegant, not to out their...But let me tell others would kill to have a mother-in-law like that...Thank God everyday you're very lucky..Good Luck with your new family

Grand-daughter, you mean. (Stone already has a son....her unborn baby is a girl, last I heard) ;)

Illusion24
Originally posted by blind_otter

Grand-daughter, you mean. (Stone already has a son....her unborn baby is a girl, last I heard) ;)

OOPS...Ok Grand-daughter...Should have asked first uh?? :p:o

You are giving her son (the goob) a chance at a decent life with YOU....that's enough! :laugh:

blind_otter
Originally posted by tiki

You are giving her son (the goob) a chance at a decent life with YOU....that's enough! :laugh:

word.

:love: ya stone. My due date would have been June 14 so I am slightly bummed lately.

do want to give more than a card but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions?

sounds horribly Catholic, but one of my favorite things to do is buy a cross or crucifix as a thank you for someone, then ask one of the priests or deacons to bless it for the recipient. I think people are touched when they realize that you've asked God to bless them, then give them a visible reminder of that.

other nice ideas? a home-cooked dinner or lunch at a girl/frou-frou restaurant/bistro (if you two get along); possibly starting a "grandma" album of the kids for her -- though this may take a little time to put together. I don't think grannies can ever have enough pictures of their "babies"!

when is your due date? And have you narrowed down the name list any, or are you still shooting for Sophia? love that name :love:

My due date would have been June 14 so I am slightly bummed lately

am sorry to realize that otter, especially on top of other recent events. you'll be in my thoughts

Sophia, after all! Last I've heard from you it was Ally. Told ya if I ever have a daughter, her name will CERTAINLY be Sophie.

14 of June... woow, that's so close, I'm so happy for you, Heather. Mine is on the 10, and I didn't turn up that bad ;)!

As for granny? I say you two start a scrap book together, put there all things that remind you of waiting this child together :). Get her involved in something... or sent her a framed photocopy of your ecogram with the card.

Love,

Curly

I say go with the bottle of Wine/Champagne and a nice basket of crackers and cheese.......something for them to open and use to celebrate their new Grand Daughter when she arrives.

Put a helium balloon with the basket that says "It's a Girl"

Or how 'bout buying a special cushion for GrandMa's rocking chair and have it monogramed with something personal?

bubbles

blind_otter
Originally posted by CurlyIam

Sophia, after all! Last I've heard from you it was Ally. Told ya if I ever have a daughter, her name will CERTAINLY be Sophie.

14 of June... woow, that's so close, I'm so happy for you, Heather. Mine is on the 10, and I didn't turn up that bad ;)!

As for granny? I say you two start a scrap book together, put there all things that remind you of waiting this child together :). Get her involved in something... or sent her a framed photocopy of your ecogram with the card.

Love,

Curly

Curly, Stone's due date isn't June 14. That was mine - for the baby I lost. We were preggo buddies during the first trimester.

OMG, I'm such an IDIOT!!!! Please forgive me, Otter... geesh, some hard times are ahead of you... stay strong, ok? I'm really sorry! Really really sorry. I'm the queen of blunders today :cry:!

• Author

My due date is July 15th and it is a Girl I can't get my b/f to agree to Sophia so it's Allyson Joeleen but I am going to call her Ally or Ally Joe :love:

• Author

No just Matte White but I am doing her room in faries and butterflies. it's cool :) not to baby like

blind_otter

That's awesome, then it can transition to her "big girl" room when she is older without much effort.

What about sending her a nice thank you card and include a picture your son coloured for her.

Then, when the baby arrives, make sure to get doubles of the pictures and create a nice 'grandma brag book' of photos.

haha It's just a nick name

at least it's better than "mo-bobba," my redneck husband's idea of a nickname for a girl named Modesta Roberta! As if I'd give my kid the name Modesta! That'd be a hard one to live down, even though it'd be a family name ...

ally jo is sweet, sorta double-southern sounding. it definitely beats "rugrat!"

• Author

I'm a southern like chic.. Plus my b/f hates Ally Joe as a nick name so I must call her that :) He said he is going to call her AJ. We all have nick names. I call my son Nosy. because his name is Noah Z

RecordProducer

Absolutely true! Moreover if you try to give her something in return, it will seem like you want to "get even", you know what I mean? Like you don't want to owe her anything. People who give like to be glorified as givers. Return the favor when she needs you to, when she asks something from you, when she is sick or unhappy. She needs your appreciation, not your favors or gifts in order to get rid of the "obligation."

I think a very nice and thoughtful thank you card is adequate. It seems this woman truly wanted to give you a gift and seeing your excitement and how much you enjoy it will bring her happiness.

Thanking her in person is the only other thing I would do (however, I am sure that you have already done that.)