Yo Mama! Mothers and Mother's Day

So what are You getting Your Mom for Mothers Day?

AND

Whats the best thing about Your Mom?

Me... I'm not sure what I'm getting my Mom yet... (I'm so damn lame!) I'm thinking about a certificate for some spa treatment.

There are a lot of great things about My Mom.. the first one being she completely gets me BUT loves me anyway :laugh:

My Mom has a great sense of humor and I love it that when she tells a joke no one thinks it's funnier than she does.. LMAO she will have tears rolling when she thinks something is funny and she can't stop laughing...

I love it that My Mom is real with me and straight up... she doesn't sugar coat things for me and I need that from her... I always laugh when I think of a contest I had saw in the newspaper one year for Mothers Day.. you were suppose to write an essay on why your Mom is so great.. everyone kept saying "My Mom always said I could be anything I want to be.." wierd... because My Mom always said "For Godsake know your limits!" :laugh: and ya know what? To me.. that is one of the things I love the most about her.

She watches My Little person when I work.. she plays with that kid all damn day and never complains...

She's got my back without hesitation...

She's got compassion for other people... she keeps my Dad's silly butt in line! LOL

She's an amazing person... :love:

I'm getting her a big phat candle and a neon message board sign-thingy so she can write her stuff on it. It plugs in and lights up the writing in neon colors. I'm having the family sign it, like a card. She'll love it.

Best thing about her? Everything. My mom's the bomb yo!

And *I* from my loving husband and kiddos....am getting a picnic table. I've wanted one for a year now. I can't wait!

this is a good question i always wait to the last minute to decide what to get my mom and i always never really know if i did good. but i always take her out for mom day brunch she has this favorite place she likes to go so that is a must for her......... i have to think about what to get her

there are so many things i don't think i could name them all but at the top of that list is her STRENGTH......through it all, the heartaches, the problems and there was a lot she has always been the rock she never showed any kind of weakness she is the strongest woman i have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life.

whichwayisup

What am I gettin' my mom....Uhmmmm.....A lump of Coal? ;)

Nahh...Probably just some flowers and we'll all go take her out to a nice dinner.

You're lucky to have a good relationship with your mom Merin. I don't. I had a great one with my dad, but unfortunately he died almost 12 years ago. SO, over the years it wasn't easy being the daughter. My sis and my mom are great together...Three of us together - Great! Me and my mom alone? Ahhh not good. But that's another thread for another day...

HokeyReligions

Nightgown & robe. That is what she lives in nowadays. And probably some more "Bible stuff" to sit around her. More and more she is collecting religous talismans around her as she nears death. I brought her a coaster the other day with a "The Lord is my Shepherd, I Shall not Want" line on it and she cried and has it propped up where she can see it all the time.

Alpha, I'm sorry.

I still get MD gifts, and hubby gets FD gifts. I'm getting bricks for a small retaining wall and sand and grass killer to go around the swimming pool pump and filter---which is what I want, but I'll bet hubby will surprise me with something---he's been eyeing a little heart-shaped diamond necklace with the mother & child symbol as the bail. He bought me a 3-stone diamond necklace a few years ago and I don't want another one---I'd rather spend the money on replacing the back fence! No romance in my soul anymore! :p

• Author
Originally posted by NTB

there are so many things i don't think i could name them all but at the top of that list is her STRENGTH......through it all, the heartaches, the problems and there was a lot she has always been the rock she never showed any kind of weakness she is the strongest woman i have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life.

That is so nice...

Damn I bet your Mom would love to know you feel this way about her.. maybe put this down on paper for her and put it in her Mday card.. very sweet...

• Author
Originally posted by whichwayisup

What am I gettin' my mom....Uhmmmm.....A lump of Coal? ;)

Nahh...Probably just some flowers and we'll all go take her out to a nice dinner.

You're lucky to have a good relationship with your mom Merin. I don't. I had a great one with my dad, but unfortunately he died almost 12 years ago. SO, over the years it wasn't easy being the daughter. My sis and my mom are great together...Three of us together - Great! Me and my mom alone? Ahhh not good. But that's another thread for another day...

LOL Yeah I am lucky like that with my Mom...

Still... you've got respect for your Mom and I'm sure she'll love the flowers and dinner ;)

Alpha.. I'm sorry :(

Tiki... a picnic table uh? Sweet! My Little peeps usually always get me (with the help of gparents) a starbucks card LOL I love them! AND My oldest has outstanding taste in clothes... so they get me something cool like that.

My Mom and Dad actually always get me something for Mothers day as well...

• Author
Originally posted by HokeyReligions

Nightgown & robe. That is what she lives in nowadays. And probably some more "Bible stuff" to sit around her. More and more she is collecting religous talismans around her as she nears death. I brought her a coaster the other day with a "The Lord is my Shepherd, I Shall not Want" line on it and she cried and has it propped up where she can see it all the time.

Alpha, I'm sorry.

I still get MD gifts, and hubby gets FD gifts. I'm getting bricks for a small retaining wall and sand and grass killer to go around the swimming pool pump and filter---which is what I want, but I'll bet hubby will surprise me with something---he's been eyeing a little heart-shaped diamond necklace with the mother & child symbol as the bail. He bought me a 3-stone diamond necklace a few years ago and I don't want another one---I'd rather spend the money on replacing the back fence! No romance in my soul anymore! :p

Keeping her in comfort.. thats sweet Hoke... :love:

Originally posted by Merin

My Little peeps usually always get me (with the help of gparents) a starbucks card LOL I love them!

Hey I got a Starbucks card (it's only like $5) from someone....I don't even drink coffee?! What can I do with a Starbucks card?! I should mail it to you. :p

Maybe I'll get another dead ladybug. YAY!!!

My natural mother is dead as well.....

So I make someone else's mother happy!

My exMIL is near and dear to my heart and is worthy of the attention!

And I have no clues what my daughter is sending me for Mother's Day!

• Author
Originally posted by tiki

Hey I got a Starbucks card (it's only like $5) from someone....I don't even drink coffee?! What can I do with a Starbucks card?! I should mail it to you. :p

Maybe I'll get another dead ladybug. YAY!!!

LMAO My EXMIL got a 5 dollar starbucks card from her Mom last year.. she was like "Wow, thanks I can A DRINK with this" :laugh: expensive ****ers starbucks is!

Dead Ladybugs... nothing says I love you like a dead bug :love::love:

:laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by debs

My natural mother is dead as well.....

So I make someone else's mother happy!

My exMIL is near and dear to my heart and is worthy of the attention!

And I have no clues what my daughter is sending me for Mother's Day!

Sorry about your Mom as well Debs... :(

My EXMIL and I are still close too.. LOL she loves me more than her son! :laugh: I always get her something for Mday too!

That is so nice...

Damn I bet your Mom would love to know you feel this way about her.. maybe put this down on paper for her and put it in her Mday card.. very sweet...

i did once and it turned into a tear marathon she cried so much i thought i did something wrong, so i just tell she is my rock

starbucks has cards??????

maybe i might get my mom one of these she does love coffee

• Author
Originally posted by NTB

i did once and it turned into a tear marathon she cried so much i thought i did something wrong, so i just tell she is my rock

starbucks has cards??????

maybe i might get my mom one of these she does love coffee

Heck yeah they've got cards! LOL even special ones for Mothers Day....

Get your Mom a starbucks card!

don't have a mom to do the MD thing with anymore ...

the absolute best thing about my mother? her voice. I swear, I could be having the worst day ever but just hearing her voice magically made things better. Other things? her sense of humor, her friendship, how loving she was, her patience, her kindness, her sense of propriety. Man, I sure do miss my mom ...

• Author
Originally posted by quankanne

don't have a mom to do the MD thing with anymore ...

the absolute best thing about my mother? her voice. I swear, I could be having the worst day ever but just hearing her voice magically made things better. Other things? her sense of humor, her friendship, how loving she was, her patience, her kindness, her sense of propriety. Man, I sure do miss my mom ...

Darn Quankanne... :( I bet you do miss your Mom...

Moms voice.. always reassuring isn't it...

Moms voice.. always reassuring isn't it...

yeah ... especially when she was yelling at my brothers or sisters! :p

I saved a tape from my answering maching that's got a message from her; it's my emergency "stash" for when missing her gets really bad. Haven't played it since she died, but just knowing I have it makes me feel better.

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

My kids always make something at school. That is what I look forward to more than anything. Not sure if the ex will get me anything (I hope not).

I secretly hope my new bf does something sweet, even an email or phone call as he will be away working.

OOPS I had better get my MIL's card in the mail! Last year when I was still married, I reminded my husband about mother's day for his mom. He said "Oh yeah I mailed her a card yesterday"....I said "what?"

Turns out he bought her a MD card " To my mother from your son" and signed his name....I appropriately reminded him that he has a wife and kids. What an ass. I was very upset and told him he'd better apologize to his mother and all he did was laugh and say 'oh duh i never thought of it when i bought the card'.

No surprise when she found out we were splitting.

• Author
Originally posted by MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

My kids always make something at school. That is what I look forward to more than anything. Not sure if the ex will get me anything (I hope not).

I secretly hope my new bf does something sweet, even an email or phone call as he will be away working.

OOPS I had better get my MIL's card in the mail! Last year when I was still married, I reminded my husband about mother's day for his mom. He said "Oh yeah I mailed her a card yesterday"....I said "what?"

Turns out he bought her a MD card " To my mother from your son" and signed his name....I appropriately reminded him that he has a wife and kids. What an ass. I was very upset and told him he'd better apologize to his mother and all he did was laugh and say 'oh duh i never thought of it when i bought the card'.

No surprise when she found out we were splitting.

LOL My EXMIL still loves me!

My EXH and I don't get each other things for Holidays... I'm like damn we aren't together anymore I DON'T have to do this anymore yay! LOL My Kids usually make me something too.. but my EXH Mom always takes my Kids shopping and lets them purchase Gifts for these occassions as well... I told you she still loves me! LOL

Hope you have a great Mday!

Quankanne... that is sweet.. I would totally do that too...

MassiveAtom

Not a Goddamned thing! :laugh:

I might go hang out with her if I can tolerate the drunk, angry, hateful monster she is.

Or maybe I'll go over to my girlfriends house and get some!

mmmmmm, that sounds good.

:laugh:

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

My ex called me today and asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day. I said I would see the kids in the morning at Sunday School and would probly go see my mom for supper. He suggested him and the kids taking me out for brunch or dinner. It's his weekend with the kids.

It's very nice of him but I feel weird about it because I have a bf but he's on the road for a few months.

Mz. Pixie

Sorry to all who have lost their mothers.

My mother is dead as well but she was abusive and narcassistic (seriously).

To all of you who have had good mothers- please treasure that! People do not even know what to say when you tell them you had a horrible mother. I think that sometimes they don't believe you! No one wants to believe that someone's mother was bad I guess.

I texted the exh to tell him what I wanted if the kids were getting me something. BF took me shopping Saturday and bought me a new outfit with shoes! :love:

• Author
Originally posted by Mz. Pixie

I texted the exh to tell him what I wanted if the kids were getting me something.

Well Girl you already know what I'm getting My EXH for Fathers Day... a big box of jacksh*t nada and possibly the middle finger when My Wee Peeps aren't looking ;):laugh:

MA... Get some for Motha's Day! LOL I'm sorry you don't have a good relationship with your Mom.. that sucks... BUT IF you're looking for ideas for the EXW for Yo Mamma's Day please feel free to give her what I'm giving My EXH :laugh:

AND MWC... It's nice that your EX asked you what you wanted to with your kiddo's for Mothers day... good to know that not all EXH's are complete a**Holes!

Hey there Merin. I think you're cool and so is your mom! Good for you! The Spa treatment sounds like a winner. My mom is sweetheart! She's known me all these years and still talks to me! She's moving slower these days, but still moving on her own. I still don't know what to get her...I can't possibly repay her for all shes done for me...These days just visiting together and talking together with her and my dad is really great. I appreciate them so much more than when I was younger.

ps - I like you're straight forward replies I've been seeing since I started hangin out here. Deemanct