cancelling

darkmoon

I have bad knees and do not want to go to my brother's tomorrow, big family day, all there, as my knees need rest.

My brother has Multiple Sclerosis (incurable) and he can not walk, and notably, never will again.

So I just can not discuss my knees with him.

We are over 60 and all get on ok, but wah, this is a problem - I do not want to emphasize what fate did to him - can I lie?

I want to blame food-poisoning.

Any thoughts?

Edited by darkmoon
I have bad knees and do not want to go to my brother's tomorrow, big family day, all there, as my knees need rest.

My brother has Multiple Sclerosis (incurable) and he can not walk, and notably, never will again.

So I just can not discuss my knees with him.

We are over 60 and all get on ok, but wah, this is a problem - I do not want to emphasize what fate did to him - can I lie?

I want to blame food-poisoning.

Any thoughts?

yup. food poisoning. works for me.

or, just call him and tell him that you feel ungrateful because it's only your knees and lots of people, all over the world are worse off.

talk with your brother. maybe he wants to rail and carp about what fate has done to him. how much he would love to change places with you. maybe, ask him, "aren't we a fine pair"? and let him know that "as long as i can hobble around, i'll be around for you". ask him if you can sit on his lap and wheel around outside. maybe he'd like to go to a diner or a drive in, maybe roll on over to the early bird buffet at a strip club?

how many more christmas's are you two going to have together?

• Like 2

I've had knee problems all my life and I know how much of a bummer bad knees can be. I guess because it's been a life long problem I've just learned to cope and live around my crappy knees. I would not let my knees keep me away from loved ones on a special day. One of my knees is swollen and wrapped in a bandage right now. Sucks but I count my blessings and my biggest blessing is my family.

• Author
yup. food poisoning. works for me.

or, just call him and tell him that you feel ungrateful because it's only your knees and lots of people, all over the world are worse off.

talk with your brother. maybe he wants to rail and carp about what fate has done to him. how much he would love to change places with you. maybe, ask him, "aren't we a fine pair"? and let him know that "as long as i can hobble around, i'll be around for you". ask him if you can sit on his lap and wheel around outside. maybe he'd like to go to a diner or a drive in, maybe roll on over to the early bird buffet at a strip club?

how many more christmas's are you two going to have together?

he has a wife, no strip-club outings possible, too, hobbling is painful, and makes my knees worse, am due to nurse him next year when his wife is away and need to be fit, not with worse knees - and there is no fine pair - he has an incurable disease, I do not - I just want advice on tact

Edited by darkmoon