Sister has ghosted me and it's her birthday.

michaelm700

We were always close, but I fell on hard times. No money issues, drugs, alcohol, prison or stuff like that. I was a descent engineer, but gave everything I had into a failed business venture.

She married into a successful family that always made it kind of a weird point to ridicule and scorn people with less money or education, belittle them. I used to get occasional insults and jabs from her mother in law out of the blue. So, I can only imagine this is the source of influence.

Anyway, we always called each other every year on our birthdays to catch up. But over the last year she has grown cold, humoring me, cutting calls short and even tossing in a few insults herself. This is only 3-5 calls a year, so I'm not pestering.

Yesterday was her birthday. I called and left a greeting and invitation to call back if wants. She never called which is so uncharacteristic of past years.

Should I just walk away and forget her? Our parents are dead and there are no other siblings.

What I would do is leave her a text reading

'[Your sister's name] If the day every comes when your husband divorces you for another, and you realize that the money you were being stuck up about wasn't yours (the same money that made you drop your own relationship with your brother), then I just want to know that on that same day I will still be there for you, as we don't have any mother, father or sibling left, we are all we have for one another. I am sorry if you have ever felt like I haven't been there for you in the past, maybe when I was running my failed business venture, but I've been trying to get back up on my two feet recently and I hope one day when you fall you will have me to support you.

In the end, I feel really sorry for you that you have under-appreciated the relationship between you and I. '

I'm sorry, I just had to get that out of me. I'm really sorry she's been acting that way. I especially hate it when people get influenced by their marriage families. Do what you want to do in the end.

I would be honest and tell her that her ignoring your birthday message to her is rude and it's hurt your feelings. Even more so since she's all you have left of family.

I'm sorry for your loss of your parents.

What I would do is leave her a text reading

'[Your sister's name] If the day every comes when your husband divorces you for another, and you realize that the money you were being stuck up about wasn't yours (the same money that made you drop your own relationship with your brother), then I just want to know that on that same day I will still be there for you, as we don't have any mother, father or sibling left, we are all we have for one another. I am sorry if you have ever felt like I haven't been there for you in the past, maybe when I was running my failed business venture, but I've been trying to get back up on my two feet recently and I hope one day when you fall you will have me to support you.

In the end, I feel really sorry for you that you have under-appreciated the relationship between you and I. '

I'm sorry, I just had to get that out of me. I'm really sorry she's been acting that way. I especially hate it when people get influenced by their marriage families. Do what you want to do in the end.

OP Wow if that's true which I'm sure it is this world is ****ed up. ZHGuy good job buddy that was put together very well. OP I would send something just like this he did a very good job well thought out. Sorry that you're going to this buddy. Hang in there