Do you hide condoms from your family?

august14

I used to be really self-conscious about things I thought were too personal, to the point where I would make sure no one saw my underwear even in the dryer. I have since gotten so much more relaxed, to the point where I didn't realize when my brother was helping me move, the drawer I made him carry had all my feminine hygiene products in it.

I've since added a couple boxes of condoms and a few lubricants to my drawer, and since I'm about to move again it occurred to me I might forget about hiding them from my brother. I guess I'm mostly curious though: what is the normal attitude toward these things? Like, are most families accepting of the idea that their fellow family members are having sex? Are guys even as uncomfortable with topics like menstruation as the TV says they are? etc.

I suppose it varies. I doubt anyone really thinks anyone else isn't having sex (unless they actually know they're not), but that doesn't mean everyone wants to see the evidence.

Personally I wouldn't go to a lot of trouble to hide your sex/sexy stuff, but you might let your brother off the hook when it comes time to transport your lace panties and your 11" sledgehammer dildo. ;)

• Like 2

August I am pretty sure that your brother is aware of the fact that you are a grown up... I am also pretty sure he knows about the birds and bees... pants are pretty much worn by most...

Don't worry about it. And if you are here is a tip. For small drawers like bedside drawers that may contain your condoms etc, just tape them shut and in place. Lift and pack as they are.

For larger sets of drawers, take a the drawers out, and tuck everything in using a towel. Put drawer back for transport purposes.

Not only does it make them easier to move, it also saves a lot on unpacking...

Anything you are embarrassed to have anyone else see put in a taped up box marked bedroom and unpack when everyone has left.

Next time you go shopping take a look around. There is normally a guy on an emergency tampax run... I have yet to see an embarrassed one...

I have 4 grown sisters. ages 38-48.... and I wouldn't want to see sex toys while moving any of them.. feminine products wouldn't bother me.. when I look at my sisters I see my cute little sisters and without any sexual undertones... so if I saw a huge dildo of theirs with a bottle of anal lube it would weird me out some...

Just put it in an opaque bag so if it falls out there isn't any weirdness...

I'd be glad my sisters were using protection. Hope they have a satisfying sex life.

I've been there. People helping me move seeing things I didn't think to hide. I wasn't too concerned about it. We're all adults and I'm usually very discreet about that area of my life.

I've always had an innocent, girl next door vibe and my family is really reserved so it would embarrassing to me with my family. A lot of my close friends know I'm more open minded sexually so I don't think it would phase most of them.

I had a long time guy friend (early 20s) help me move once when I finished college. I had my vibe and some kids toys packed away in a box and my vibe went off. He was getting all sorts of ideas and thought it was going to be something naughty. So I opened the box and pulled out the toy and declared it was the toy making the noise when in reality it was my vibe. :laugh::bunny:

I had a long time guy friend (early 20s) help me move once when I finished college. I had my vibe and some kids toys packed away in a box and my vibe went off. He was getting all sorts of ideas and thought it was going to be something naughty. So I opened the box and pulled out the toy and declared it was the toy making the noise when in reality it was my vibe. :laugh::bunny:

Mine was in a box in the attic at my parents for a while... It got knocked.

Dad was up there looking for "squirrels" for around a week or two before the batteries finally died...

Mum and I both knew exactly what it was... Neither of us was going to go up there to turn it off with Pops there...

Duracel Ultra... most of the time I love you but every now and then you just need batteries that are going to die fast...

Mine was in a box in the attic at my parents for a while... It got knocked.

Dad was up there looking for "squirrels" for around a week or two before the batteries finally died...

Mum and I both knew exactly what it was... Neither of us was going to go up there to turn it off with Pops there...

Duracel Ultra... most of the time I love you but every now and then you just need batteries that are going to die fast...

:D:laugh:

Pops never found those squirrels, huh?

My family is a bit more conservative, so yes I would hide my sex stuff from them. It's easy enough to put everything into a small box for moving day. I like to put a few condoms in my purse whenever I move so that I'm not stuck digging around for them when I go to unpack.

Better safe than sorry, right?

I used to be incredibly weary about hiding condoms and such, especially within my home vicinity. Couple of days later my mum found out and praised me for being 'wise and wanting to be cautious within that type of situation'.

After all, it's your life therefore things that undergo in it, strictly only really concerns you, especially when it comes to coitus and having 'kinks'.

I say embrace it, but not to such a noticeable extent

I remember when I was little I used to find these foil-wrapped balloons under my dad's pillow frequently, they made brilliant water bombs!

Never understood why he used to get so cross :laugh:

GunslingerRoland

Usually when you help someone move, you just move the boxes, you don't get the boxes packed and unpacked for you, that is some first class treatment!

Personally I'm pretty open minded, I don't think I'd think much stumbling across a relatives, condoms, toys, lingerie, etc. But that said, for myself I'd pack that kind of stuff before hand.

As a man I wouldn't think of menstrual products being in the same category.