Is what I'm doing disrespectful to my dad?

Yappi

So I'm 23. A woman. My dad is letting me live with him because where my mom lives is too cramped and i don't really have anywhere else to go. He said i can stay here as long as i have a job so i told him I've been making money online..which is true but i didn't tell him what exactly I'm doing. I'm a camgirl. If you don't know what that is it means I get dressed up in lingerie and entertain men through a webcam for money. And I'm doing this on his wifi that he pays for. It's legit and it's through a site that like streamate. I get paid a lot and will probably be able to move out soon as long as i keep saving. The thing is i know he would not approve and probably kick me out for it. Am i disrespecting by doing this in his house on his internet? I feel like i am but at the same time this job is really amazing and is basically setting me up for life. It pays better than minimum wage. I mean I've made $50 in one hour on there once so yeah.. I'm just really conflicted. It's stressful trying to keep it a secret from everyone.

Doing the cam stuff isn't disrespectful to him per se, but doing it in his house is most disrespectful.

Question is, do you care and will you change anything?

Two suggestions:

1) perhaps you can offer to take the internet bill if it makes you feel better. in my opinion it's no one's business what you do for work (and I'm not into judging sex work as immoral or anything else. it's a living). But you should be finding ways to contribute to the household. If he won't let you pay rent, you should try taking on a bill for good faith.

2) cam work will not set you up for life. please rethink that idea. you're 23 right now and it's a good living at the moment... but sex work becomes much harder to get by in as you get older. $50 an hour is not that much, either. So, I'm not judging your choice of work... but I would strongly encourage you to think about the long game too. Can you use some of that money to get some training in a trade that does not depend on your youthful appearance?