mom too demanding

logan524

First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into a fight at McDonald's—we threw ketchup on each other. I'm older (I'm 15), he is 13. I got some ketchup on a woman's clothes and my mom had to reimburse her for the damage.

My mom freaked out on me, she told me I was an immature baby and my brother too—in front of people in McDonald's. Leaving McDonald's, she told us that she should get us some pacifiers and some pampers and a playpen. People were looking at me, as if she were right.

She took away my XBox. I can't go out on weekends now. On the car ride home she was yelling at us, telling us when she goes to Walmart, she should buy us a crib and stuff.

Can I turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone? Saying I need those things and making me look bad in public? For the record, my brother started it. It's not fair she took away my games and I can't go out now. she is overeacting over this please help with adivce. I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE

IfWishesWereHorses
First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into a fight at McDonald's—we threw ketchup on each other. I'm older (I'm 15), he is 13. I got some ketchup on a woman's clothes and my mom had to reimburse her for the damage.

My mom freaked out on me, she told me I was an immature baby and my brother too—in front of people in McDonald's. Leaving McDonald's, she told us that she should get us some pacifiers and some pampers and a playpen. People were looking at me, as if she were right.

She took away my XBox. I can't go out on weekends now. On the car ride home she was yelling at us, telling us when she goes to Walmart, she should buy us a crib and stuff.

Can I turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone? Saying I need those things and making me look bad in public? For the record, my brother started it. It's not fair she took away my games and I can't go out now. she is overeacting over this please help with adivce. I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE

No is the answer to those questions! What you should do I'd apologize again, tell her that you realize it was a waste of money and that you unintentionally ruined someone's clothes. Tell her you're sorry again. Straighten up, don't complain about your punishment and pitch in a little more at home, she'll calm down about it a lot sooner!

You two also embarrassed her. You're a year away from driving and she needs to know that you have self-control and are responsible! Don't ever call CPS unless you are without a doubt being abused! You might just get your wish and end up in a terrible foster care situation. Have some sympathy for your mom!

• Like 1
  • Author
No is the answer to those questions! What you should do I'd apologize again, tell her that you realize it was a waste of money and that you unintentionally ruined someone's clothes. Tell her you're sorry again. Straighten up, don't complain about your punishment and pitch in a little more at home, she'll calm down about it a lot sooner!

You two also embarrassed her. You're a year away from driving and she needs to know that you have self-control and are responsible! Don't ever call CPS unless you are without a doubt being abused! You might just get your wish and end up in a terrible foster care situation. Have some sympathy for your mom!

THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO ME LOOK

MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s (im not being mean when i say there in there 60s)they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything. its not fair you know. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and belong in pampers and stuff was foul you know and a bunch of lies. no one got hurt it was only ketchup.

I JUST WANT HER TO FORGET ABOUT IT. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT RIGHT? cause of her actions peopple think im a baby now

its not like anyone got hurt. no one broke a leg. she told me i made her look bad like she was a bad mom. she told me i cant be trusted to be by myself that i need a baby sitter. she wont let me take drivers ed now she says im to immature to drive

Your mom's words certainly don't earn her a mother of the year award but you do need to take her message to heart: Grow up. You admit you made a mistake by horsing around with your brother to the point where you got ketchup on another customer.

Instead of crying on the internet about how bad you have it, you & your brother need to talk to your mother & ask if there is something you can do around the house to work off the cost of the other woman's clothes that your mom had to pay. That would be the mature thing to do; it would show her that you are growing up & that you don't still need to be treated like an infant who can't control himself.

Leave CPS alone to investigate cases of children who are genuinely being abused: hit, punched, burned, sexually assaulted, starved etc.

• Like 1
  • Author
Your mom's words certainly don't earn her a mother of the year award but you do need to take her message to heart: Grow up. You admit you made a mistake by horsing around with your brother to the point where you got ketchup on another customer.

Instead of crying on the internet about how bad you have it, you & your brother need to talk to your mother & ask if there is something you can do around the house to work off the cost of the other woman's clothes that your mom had to pay. That would be the mature thing to do; it would show her that you are growing up & that you don't still need to be treated like an infant who can't control himself.

Leave CPS alone to investigate cases of children who are genuinely being abused: hit, punched, burned, sexually assaulted, starved etc.

what about her lies saying i need pampers and stuff. dont i have any rights? im the victim here not her. no one got hurt she doesnt get that.

You are not the victim. You assaulted those people in McDonald but you don't understand that. Even though you think no one got hurt, what you did was a crime. It was a petty disorderly person's offense. Just because you didn't see the value in the clothes you ruined doesn't mean there wasn't any. Again while her word choice to you might not have been ideal, your mother had integrity & you should learn from her.

With your poor impulse control she is right that you shouldn't be driving.

No one who heard your mother's words or read them here took her literally. Her statement was an analogy. She used hyperbole to illustrate a point. Her point was that you were being immature & has no impulse control, like baby who cannot control his/her own bladder & thus needs diapers.

Haven't you ever said anything dramatic in the heat of the moment because you were upset?

Your mother is not too demanding. If anything she's probably too soft on you which is why you were out of control in the restaurant & you continue to fail to comprehend that you were in the wrong.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

I think you should absolutely call CPS. They'll at least consider taking you out of the home, and if that happens it'll be a win-win for both you and your mom.

IfWishesWereHorses
THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO ME LOOK

MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s (im not being mean when i say there in there 60s)they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything. its not fair you know. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and belong in pampers and stuff was foul you know and a bunch of lies. no one got hurt it was only ketchup.

I JUST WANT HER TO FORGET ABOUT IT. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT RIGHT? cause of her actions peopple think im a baby now

its not like anyone got hurt. no one broke a leg. she told me i made her look bad like she was a bad mom. she told me i cant be trusted to be by myself that i need a baby sitter. she wont let me take drivers ed now she says im to immature to drive

If you can't take responsibility for your actions and control yourself then you are absolutely not prepared to take on the responsibility of driving! Tell me how much you've thought through this CPS thing. What is it you want them to do and what is it you think that they WILL do?

I can tell you that under the same circumstances my children would have been paying me back for the money by working it off in the yard of the OLD people they imposed their childishness upon.

That said, I don't as a rule embarrass my children in public but obviously her parenting techniques aren't working if you think anyone in any place deserves to be out out by your silliness. Perhaps CPS could help find a program that could teach you accountability and to be grateful for what you have!

Why don't you see how much GameStop will buy back your game system for and you could pay your mom back that way!

• Like 1

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by contacting CPS? Do you want to be removed from your home and put into foster care?

It's alarming that you are even considering calling CPS on your mother over this incident, which was entirely caused by your own behavior. How do you expect her to react when her 15 year old son gets into a ketchup fight in McDonald's and ruins someone else's clothing? Sorry, but your behavior is not that of a mature kid. She's right to punish you.

It's no small matter to be reported to CPS and could have lasting effects on your mother, her life, and her job. From a financial standpoint, she will have to defend herself. It's not a joke.

What do you care what a bunch of people in McDonald's heard her say? How are you damaged by what those people think of you? Will you ever even see them again?

Even though you state that you know you made a mistake, you seem to be taking what you did pretty lightly.

its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s (im not being mean when i say there in there 60s)they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything.

Your mother did the right thing by telling them about what you did. Would you really have gotten ketchup all over their clothes and then left? Don't you think that's rude? Have some respect for other people.

its not fair you know. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice.

Well, you do sound like a whiny baby. Covering the damage to the clothes that you caused was not her choice -- it was the appropriate thing to do. You should consider yourself lucky that you didn't get ketchup all over someone's $2,000 purse or $400 shirt.

BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is..

Your mom isn't supposed to be "cool." And I suspect most moms out there would be furious if their 15 year old got into a ketchup fight in Mcdonald's and ruined someone else's clothes.

IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP.

Ketchup stains clothing.

No, that is NOT abuse. The only blame I place on your mom here is that she didn't start disciplining you long ago so that at your age you could control yourself in public and respect that those around you have rights as well! You were acting like monkeys at the zoo and deserved what she said to you. If you want to be treated with respect, then you treat others with respect.

• Like 1
  • Author
No, that is NOT abuse. The only blame I place on your mom here is that she didn't start disciplining you long ago so that at your age you could control yourself in public and respect that those around you have rights as well! You were acting like monkeys at the zoo and deserved what she said to you. If you want to be treated with respect, then you treat others with respect.

she treets me like im still in pampers for no reason

That is not true at all! You are old enough to be acting civilized and polite and more adult in public places. Rough play is for outside in the back yard and never ever around company or in public. I'm not saying you should never have another romp with your brother, but you humiliated your mother in public by acting like an animal and she retaliated by humiliating you right back by calling you a baby. Other people don't want to put up with that type of noisy and messy behavior when they are trying to mind their own business out at restaurants and in public anywhere.

Edited by preraph

Your mom was frustrated by your ridiculously immature and dumb behavior and she yelled at you. Here's a little secret..parents are human too. Can you honestly say that you've never said anything bad to her in anger or frustration? She was in no way shape or form abusing you.

Stop acting like a spoiled little brat and she won't treat you like one. You were in the wrong, not your mom.

Sincerely,

Someone who was actually abused by their mother

• Like 1
  • Author
Your mom was frustrated by your ridiculously immature and dumb behavior and she yelled at you. Here's a little secret..parents are human too. Can you honestly say that you've never said anything bad to her in anger or frustration? She was in no way shape or form abusing you.

Stop acting like a spoiled little brat and she won't treat you like one. You were in the wrong, not your mom.

Sincerely,

Someone who was actually abused by their mother

she yells at me she took away my stuff. she tells me im a immature baby that ineed pampers back on me. you moms are all the same IM THE VICTIM HERE NOT HER!!!! ITS NOT FAIR SHE GETS AWAY WITH IT. YES SHE BOUGHT ME THOSE THINGS BUT STILL THEY ARE MINE.:mad:

IfWishesWereHorses

If you can't see what you did wrong, then how will you grow? If you don't want to be treated like a baby then you can't act like one. Also, Logan, I have a house full of teenagers most days and while none of them are happy to have their things taken away I can't see a single one of them being upset about being called a baby. They would probably laugh about that!

Do you stay in trouble a lot at school and at home? Do you have a hard time understanding why you are in trouble?

Why didnt your mom take away the computer as well as your games?

I can tell you that I don't end punishments until the kids have learned their lesson or changed their behavior. What do you think you can do to end the punishment?

she yells at me she took away my stuff. she tells me im a immature baby that ineed pampers back on me. you moms are all the same IM THE VICTIM HERE NOT HER!!!! ITS NOT FAIR SHE GETS AWAY WITH IT. YES SHE BOUGHT ME THOSE THINGS BUT STILL THEY ARE MINE.:mad:

So..you're trying to prove that you're an adult by throwing a childish temper tantrum online? Yeah..you're totally proving your point. :roll eyes:

Go ahead and call CPS. They'll laugh in your face.

I'm not a mom yet..but my best friends' two year old is more mature and reasonable than you sound.

• Like 2

YOU kidding, You want to turn your "mother"in . Take that out of your mind! I dont understand children like you that reach the age where you think you big enough. Your mother rules is hers UNTIL you old enough to work and pay your own rent. I have a 13th year old daughter never once she ever disrespect me in public . I would slap her right there, that would be the last.

Keep in mind if wasent for your mother you would not be in this world today. You should thank her everday for what she do for you. When your brother act up in public look up to your mom to handle the situtation not handle it your self and make a bigger problem. You should be saying sorry and help out around the house to make things better.

No, nothing in that house is yours. It is all your parents because your parents bought it for you. They gave it to you because they love you but if you disrespect them they are under no obligation to let you keep them or get you anything else. You are a very entitled young man and that will not help you at all in the real world when you need to get a job and make a boss happy. No one in the real world is going to put up with that attitude as much as your parents to, I guarantee you, so if you don't want to be living with your mother when you're 30, you better start taking responsibility for your own actions and realize that good behavior is rewarded and bad behavior is punished.

• Like 3
she treets me like im still in pampers for no reason

you deserve to be treated like that, be more respectful in public, RESPECT your mother! she make you, you did not make her.

You are just mad she took your stuff away and are trying to find some kind of loophole to get your stuff back.

It's not going to work. Accept your punishment and get over it.

You act so entitled and play the victim, and you sound as if you have no empathy at all for your mother. Put yourself in her shoes. When you grow up and have kids, how would you feel if your two teenagers are acting like preschoolers and throwing ketchup! You embarrassed her by making her look like she can't control her kids and that her kids have no manners or respect. At 15, you should not be so emotionally wounded by that. You should have enough insight to understand that your immature actions prompted your mother's frustration. She is not a robot and has feelings, too. You don't even try to understand, all you want to do is punish her because she punished you.

You should be ashamed. If I knew my kids were contemplating calling social services on me for punishing/yelling, I'd be heartbroken. I would hope my kids have more love and respect for me than that.

The fact that you even seriously considered this and really feel victimized shows how immature you really are. You have no insight into your own behavior, and no consideration for your mother. You have no concept of consequences, either. Have you even considered the ramifications of a child services report? How it would affect your mother, how it would affect you or your brother? No, because all you can do is feel sorry for yourself.

I feel for your mom, because it seems like she has a long road ahead with you two. You will have issues in the future if you keep up with this entitled attitude and victim mentality. It is very off-putting and you should really work on that. When your girlfriend gets upset and calls you a jerk in a moment of justified frustration, are you going to sulk, play the victim & plot revenge on her? When your boss holds you accountable are you going to cry, complain and report him to the Dept of Labor? You need to accept that life doesn't always go the way you want it, and save your battles for real grievances. Otherwise, people will label you a drama queen and no one will take you seriously. (I'm telling you some good stuff, kid)

Edited by Quiet Storm

I'm so glad, I'm not the only mother who's had to deal with teenage brothers and their brawls.

Logan if you do decide to call child services over your bad bahaviour and your mums punishment, be prepared to be humilated all over again- just reading your story makes me want to laugh out loud, I don't know how any social worker could listen to your story without at least sniggering.

You are not a victim.

Accept the punishment and grow up!

I have a 15yo too, there is no way he'd embarrass himself (or me) by having a food fight in McD's....mind you he's pretty mature and very cool.

• Author
I'm so glad, I'm not the only mother who's had to deal with teenage brothers and their brawls.

Logan if you do decide to call child services over your bad bahaviour and your mums punishment, be prepared to be humilated all over again- just reading your story makes me want to laugh out loud, I don't know how any social worker could listen to your story without at least sniggering.

You are not a victim.

Accept the punishment and grow up!

I have a 15yo too, there is no way he'd embarrass himself (or me) by having a food fight in McD's....mind you he's pretty mature and very cool.

you cant compare me with your son. my mom treats me like i need pampers again. u dont treat your son like that right? my mom isnt a saint in this. she overreacts a lot.

Edited by logan524
you cant compare me with your son. my mom treats me like i need pampers again. u dont treat your son like that right? my mom isnt a saint in this. she overreacts a lot.

I treat my son's according to their behaviour. Just like your mum has.

She didn't overreact in McDonalds.

I once hosed my older son down on the back doorstep because he refused to shower for nearly 2 weeks...us mum's have to do what we have to do to get you teens to learn.