7 year old teaching 3 and 4 year old about body parts..... why?

koala bear

School is out because of the hurricanes that have hit here. So as normal I have all the kids at my house playing.My three boys ages 7,4,and 3.The kids from next door ages 7 girl and 10 boy.And the boy accrossed the street also 7.The three oldest boys were all playing hocky in the street.Well my two young boys where climding the tree with the little girl.

I was hanging cloth on the line,and heard the little girl telling my boy all about the different boy and girl parts. My boys know the right names for there body parts.But this really concerns me that she is talking about it.

Her moms boyfreind really gives me the creaps.I thought pedifile the second I met him.I had a backround check on him the next day after I met him. All he had was a DUI.

But I have also heard of him making a statement "If they'er old enough to pee they'er old enough for me." that freaks me out.

I don't know what all she said to my boys.Sould I tell there mom??

I told the girl that I would talk to my boys about parts of the body that it wasn't her job.

I think the mom is going to leave this man already, because the kids say that the man is acting different. What does all this mean?

Please help!!!!!!

Kids start playing 'doctor' around that age. Smart parents tell their kids what body parts are called when it's still no big deal. Your impressions of this guy are exactly that - impressions. Don't accuse somebody unless you have evidence and a kid of 6 or 7 knowing body part names and showing off that she knows that stuff isn't it. Now, if she had simulated sex with them or did something like that, you might be worried but all she did was tell them the names she knows.

I have 2 little people myself... 7 and 4.

I've always taught and used the correct names for the body parts since they were born... the reason being, I felt it was appropriate for them to learn and know the correct names so if at any time (God Forbid) there was any kind of problem health wise, or if someone had touched them they would know, understand and be able to communicate to myself or anyone else what was happening.

I can understand that this neighborhood guy gives you the creeps just in the statement he made.... does it mean he's a pedophile... that remains to be seen. However if you have any misgivings about this guy, then of course don't allow your children to be around him. I think he is an idiot just based on what you've said has come from his mouth... but honestly if he was a pedophile, I don't think they generally "advertise" the fact of what they are, see what I'm saying?

None the less.... talk with your little people... open up the communication with them... teach them what is appropriate and not appropriate. If YOU (you're thier mom and it's your right to teach what YOU feel is appropriate) feel it was inappropriate for this little girl to be talking about her body parts then explain to your boys that while there is NOTHING wrong or shameful in private body parts, that it is private... that no body should be touching them there, and if someone ever did that it is okay to tell you what happened.

Good Luck