How do I deal living with my new teenage step-sisters?

norsewarrior

norsewarrior

Okay so I'm a 17 year old boy and it's always just been my dad and I living together. now however my father is marrying this women with 3 teenage daughters who are 18,16 and 14 years old and they are going to be moving in with us. we live in a really big house it has 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. the problem is that I'm really shy around girls so how do I act in front of them, I mean what do I do if they want to go shopping with me? oh and course I know to put the toilet seat down.

Wow, that's going to be awkward.

Are you planning on Dating any of them?

• Author
norsewarrior
Wow, that's going to be awkward.

Are you planning on Dating any of them?

why would it be awkward? and no I don't. i already have a girlfriend.

todreaminblue

lol you poor boy ....smilin...i have 3 teenage daughters around the same age ......it is what i class as hell when we all cycle together and i dont mean push biking......

the house you are moving too sounds big enough that you will all have your own space that is really important a time to retreat for whoever needs it.......you will survive.....you sound pretty cool with a sense of humor with your toilet seat comment...

just take each day as it comes and when they start demanding chocolate and eating chocolate and crying fro no reason and getting snappy...just steer clear....being part of a large family has some drawbacks...privacy is one......your shirts going missing and being worn will be another.....but honestly they are probably just as nervous as you are.....they might nto show it because they have back up times three.....but they would be.....soon as you get to know each other and have a few family dinners around a big table adn share laughs adn days together...you will be able to becoem closer.......and you wouldnt want to live any other way....big families have loads of support in each other.....your family has just become a network...enjoy........a couple more kids or friends and you have a team of footballers or softballers on the weekends..awesome games........smilin..lol .best of luck...your post really made me smile....best wishes ....deb.....

• Like 1
the problem is that I'm really shy around girls so how do I act in front of them, I mean what do I do if they want to go shopping with me?

Treat them as you would treat your guy friends, except make less fart jokes and don't talk about boobs, or whatever you talk about with your 17-year-old guy friends.

If they want to go shopping with you, either go with them and have fun or politely decline if you don't want to go.

It could be a good opportunity to get more comfortable around girls. There's really no reason to be shy around them, they're people just like you.

• Like 1

Well THIS is going to be an adventure.

My mother got remarried and it was a challenge to integrate into the family. However we did not have 3 teenagers of the opposite sex moving in:laugh: It will take time. That's it. It will take take, and just take it as it comes. Seems like you're at an age where you'll be leaving for college soon anyway.